- HelpDesk Support The The Client Services HelpDesk offers a range of support related to computer hardware, cellular phones, standard desktop software, University
applications and access to University resources. For details on support offered in each of these categories, please refer to the specific service category. This service is available to students, faculty and staff across the campus.
| Support Center
| 202 Philosophy Hall
(Some issues require an appointment in advance. Students Only: Print pages are available for a fee)
| Mon.-Fri.: 10am - 6pm
|| Sun.: 3pm-11pm
Sat.: 10am- 6pm
(responses to emails are as time allows)
| Mon.-Fri.: 9am-5pm
Requests will be logged and tracked through resolution.
Issues that cannot be resolved by the Help Desk will be escalated to the appropriate resources. In the case of
non-standard software or non-University owned resources, the Help Desk will refer the customer to the appropriate
external entities. For more information, please contact us at 212-854-1919 or visit http://askcuit.columbia.edu
- HelpDesk Support Center - 202 Philosophy Students, faculty and staff across the campus may obtain face-to-face Help
Desk support at our Support Center located at 202 Philosophy Hall, which is located on the main level, during the
hours of 10am - 6pm Monday - Friday. In addition to standard Help Desk support, customers may obtain support for the
purchase of printing pages, Rolm (Residence room, or on campus) phone issues, personal laptop issue diagnosis and
media duplication/distribution. For more information, please visit: http://askcuit.columbia.edu
- University Operator Services Provides general information, telephone directory assistance, and call routing to University departments, faculty, and staff during the hours of 8am - 6pm Mon-Fri. You may also obtain information related to changes in normal University operating hours due to weather or other unforeseen events by dialing 212-854-1754.
- CUIT Web Service Alerts From time to time, the University will experience changes to or interruptions of service, e.g., power outages, to University resources. During these times, students, faculty, and staff will be kept informed through updates posted on our website at: http://cuitalerts.columbia.edu.
- Access to Columbia Resources Students, faculty, staff, and alumni may obtain support for issues related to access to University resources by contacting the HelpDesk. The service includes support for UNI login issues, password resets, access rights, and email access. For support contact the CUIT HelpDesk via
walk-in, calling: 212-854-1919 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org during normal HelpDesk hours.
For more information, please visit: http://www.columbia.edu/acis/accounts/
- Select Medical Center Support Client Services provides support to Columbia University Medical Center staff for
a select group of services. These services include support for UNI login failures, password resets, access rights and
email access for Cyrus email. The CUIT Help Desk will track issues through resolution for these services and refer
customers to the CUMC Help Desk for CUMC specific services. Access to support may be obtained through email to
email@example.com or by phone at (212-305-4357) during normal business hours. Please visit http://cumc.columbia.edu/it/about/about_desktop.html for more information.
- 1st level Applications Support Columbia students, faculty, staff and affiliates may obtain support for University owned applications and standard productivity software applications through the CUIT Help Desk. Support includes basic troubleshooting, download support for applications supported by enterprise site licenses and distribution of supporting
documentation where it exists. Issues will be tracked through resolution and referred to application owners when necessary. For support contact the CUIT HelpDesk via walk-in, calling: 212-854-1919 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
during normal HelpDesk hours.
For more information on applications available for download, please visit: http:/www.columbia.edu/acis/software/az.html
- Shared Mail List Creation and Management Client Services offers support to faculty, staff, and student leaders of official university clubs in the creation of email distribution lists. Once created, lists owners are able to self-manage their distribution lists. For support contact the CUIT HelpDesk via walk-in, calling:
212-854-1919 or email: email@example.com during normal HelpDesk hours Requests for enhanced features are escalated to the Information
Systems Email group.
For more information, please refer to: https://www1.columbia.edu/sec-cgi-bin/samurai/maillist
- Email Support Email support is offered to students, faculty and staff across the Columbia
campus and its affiliates. Support can be obtained through email or phone during the normal Help Desk hours. Support
includes troubleshooting for access, forwarding, activation/expiration, alias destinations and spam reporting issues.
For support contact the CUIT HelpDesk via walk-in,
calling: 212-854-1919 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org during normal HelpDesk hours. Issues are escalated to the Information Technology group when
Please visit: http://www.columbia.edu/acis/email for details.
Alumni Please note Alumni email related issues are handled by Alumni relations. Please contact Alumni Relations at (877) 854-ALUM (2586) or email@example.com for further questions.
- On-site Network Support Services Client Services front line Network support provides network troubleshooting support to three main clients: subscription-paying faculty/graduate student clients in university-owned apartments (AptNet), undergraduate students in residence halls (ResNet), and staff experiencing a network connectivity issue but have no local IT staff (ONS). Basic phone/email support is provided during normal HelpDesk hours. For more information, please visit http://www.columbia.edu/cuit/networks
- AptNet Wireless Router Installations In additional to wired network connectivity (AptNet), purchase, installation and support for Columbia-installed wireless routers is available to faculty, graduate students, and staff residing in Columbia-wired apartments. The service is provided as a fee-based service and can be initiated by contacting CUIT. Requests for support can be initiated through the HelpDesk during normal business hours.
For more details and pricing information, please visit http://www.columbia.edu/cuit/networks/aptnet/wireless.html
For free installation instructions, please visit http://www.columbia.edu/acis/network/aptnet/wirelessrouters.html
- Computer Lab Support Services CUIT staffs specific computer labs, (for more information on CUIT Supported Labs please visit http://www.columbia.edu/acis/facilities/labs/locations.html) with part-time consultants who assist with printing issues, help configure laptops to connect to the Columbia wireless network, and reset passwords. Computing consultants are located in 213 Butler, 323 IAB, and 251 Engineering Terrace.
To obtain information on lab schedules please visit http://www.columbia.edu/acis/facilities/schedules/
- Desktop Backup Services Installation and support for Connected DataProtector is a fee based personal computer backup solution offered to administrative staff and faculty on the Morningside campus.
For more information, please visit http://www.columbia.edu/acis/software/connected/
- Desktop Support The CUIT Desktop Support group provides support for standard hardware, software and peripherals to Central Administration Staff, Earth Institute and STV. Support includes shared networking services, print sharing services, hardware upgrades, security software installation and 1st level support, desktop backup and support, standard productivity suite of software, windows updates, current Antivirus definition and asset tracking. Hardware and software consultation and on site support are provided on demand. In addition remote location support is provided to VIPs.
For more information, please visit http://www.columbia.edu/acis/desktop/windows.html
- Telephony - Phone & VoiceMail Support for University Phone related services may be obtained through CUIT. Support includes: initiation of phone services, moves/adds/changes to existing services, Web Cast/video streaming support, automatic call processing and PhoneMail support and training. Client Support Services also provides ordering consultation for cellular services and CUTV cable television.
For more information, please visit http://www.columbia.edu/acis/telecom/staff/rolm.html
Order Now (UNI required)
Ask a Question (UNI required)
Tell me about...
Central LAN/Exchange Service
Services for Faculty/Staff