Annual Survey of Industries Detailed Unit Level Data with Common Factory-ID, 2003-2004
||Principal Investigator(s): Central Statistics Office (Industrial Statistics Wing), MOSPI, Government of India
RDS Study ID:1030-2004
Availability: Access to files in the Research Data Services collection is restricted to
The Annual Survey of Industries (ASI) is the principal source of Industrial Statistics in India. The ASI extends to the entire country except the States of Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram and Union territory of Lakshadweep.
- It covers all factories registered under the section 2(m) (i) and 2(m) (ii) of the Factories Act 1948 i.e. those factories employing 10 or more workers using power; and those employing 20 or more workers without using power.
- The survey also covers Bidi and cigar manufacturing establishments registered under the Bidi and Cigar workers (Conditions of Employment) Act 1966 and electricity undertaking with coverage as above.
- ASI provides data on a various vital aspects of the registered factories for use in the estimation of National Income, studies of industrial structure and policy formulation. Some of the important indicators generated based on ASI are number of factories, employment, wages, invested capital, capital formation, input, output, depreciation and value added on an annual basis.
- With firm identifiers from the firm-level data, researchers can do longitudinal research to track the same company over time periods as long as it is included in the ASI.
On-line Access at Columbia:
- READMEto learn about the files that comprise this study.
- Data Download Page leads to the data files for this study.
- Data Doucmentation and Codebook
- Technical Documents