Networking > Apartments > CUIT Wireless Router & Home Network Installation Packages
Go wireless at home!
CUIT is offering three Wireless Router & Home Network Installation packages to residents of Columbia University-owned apartments!
Wireless Router & Home Network Installation Packages:
CUIT will provide residents with everything needed to have a wireless home network! These packages include a high-quality wireless router and installation of the router.
Additionally, this package also includes the setup of a reliable and secure home network.
Choose your package. Note: These routers are available only as part of the Wireless Router & Installation Package and are not available for sale individually.
Netgear WNDR3300 - $95 + installation
Apple Airport Express - $95 + installation
Apple Airport Extreme 802.11n - $185 + installation
The prices above do not include the $70 cost of installation. Installation includes the delivery and setup of the wireless router, five feet of cables, and the setup of a wireless network. Each router comes with a one year hardware warranty.
Wireless Home Networking Setup
To ensure that your home wireless network is reliable . and secure, and to take full advantage of wireless connectivity in your home, the CUIT Consultant will also setup a wireless home network connecting up to two of your personal computers. The cost of this is included in the installation charge.
Request Your Wireless Router & Home Network Installation Package
1. Call the CUIT Helpdesk to begin the process. The CUIT Helpdesk Technician will ask if your apartment is wired with an Ethernet jack (required for wireless connectivity).
3. On installation day, you will turn on the computer, give your check (payable to Columbia University) or FAS number to the CUIT consultant, and show the consultant where the Ethernet jack is located.
4. The consultant will bring all equipment, cables and your choice of router. The Consultant will then setup and test the router and your home network to be sure all is working.
5. You will then use your new wireless connection to confirm that everything is working according to the confirmation form.
6. Should you require any further technical assistance, you can review the online directions or contact the CUIT Helpdesk by phone - 212-854-1919 or by email - askCUIT@columbia.edu.
Should you require more services in addition to the initial setup, such as adding extra computers to your wireless network or troubleshooting a non-hardware related problem, a CUIT consultant will come to your home for the standard rate of $60 per hour (minimum 30 minutes).
Important information for residents using any other wireless router: The support programs for all other routers are being revised. Click here to learn more.
What We Support