ACITS LPR Remote Printing
for Windows 95
Written by: Glenn K. Smith
© 1995 - 1997
University of Texas at Austin
Permission is granted to copy both the software and associated documentation
for use by individuals and by organizations for their internal printing needs
provided that the following conditions are met. Commercial distribution is
prohibited except as expressly permitted in writing by The University of Texas.
For information on commercial distribution of this software and documentation
send email to email@example.com.
Redistribution must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of
conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other
materials provided with the distribution.
All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software must
display the following acknowledgement:
This product includes software developed by the University of Texas at
Austin and its contributors.
Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors may
be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without
specific prior written permission.
This software is provided by the regents and contributors "AS IS'' and any
express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied
warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are
disclaimed. In no event shall the regents or contributors be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages
(including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services;
loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on
any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort
(including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this
software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
ACITS LPR Remote Printing for Windows 95 is accomplished using an add-in
Print Monitor that adds LPR capability to the Windows
ACITS LPR Remote Printing Requirements
- The TCP/IP network protocol must be installed on your computer and you
must have either a dial-up or direct network connection available to send
print jobs to the remote printer.
- You need to have a printer or print server supporting the LPR/LPD. The
TCP/IP network protocol must be installed on the remote printer or print
- You need to know the host name or IP address for the remote printer or the
remote print server controlling the printer.
- You need to know the name of the printer queue which controls the remote
printer and which TCP/IP connection port print jobs are submitted to
- You need to have the appropriate print drivers for the remote printer
ACITS LPR Remote Printing Installation
- Double-click on the program named ACITSLPR95 to begin the
- After installation process has completed you will need to restart
your computer in order to take advantage of ACITS LPR Remote Printing.
- Refer to the online documention located in the ACITS LPR Remote
Printing program group for information about configuring and using an
ACITS LPR Remote Printer.
ACITS LPR Remote Printing Removal
- Click on the Start Menu, select Settings, and then select Printers.
- Right click on each ACITS LPR Remote Printer and select Delete to
remove the printer. Close the Printers window when you have removed all the
ACITS LPR Remote Printers.
- Click on the Start Menu, select Settings, and then Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs, select ACITS LPR Remote
Printing and the click on the Add/Remove button.
- You will need to restart your computer to fully remove ACITS LPR Remote
Printing from your computer.
Return to ACITS LPR