The University logo must be used as originally designed and proportioned and should not be modified under any circumstances other than to scale the image while maintaining its aspect ratio. There are also a few other rules to follow:
- On the front or back cover, position the identity a minimum distance of 1/2 inch from the edges.
- The logo should never be rendered smaller than 1/4 inch high.
- The logo should appear as a single unit, never combined with other logos.
- The crown should not be used without the accompanying name of the University, though in some instances, such as web use, it may be best to omit "in the City of New York."
- A buffer zone of at least two inches must appear between the logo and other design elements.
- The University identity should appear on the front or back cover of all print publications.