The Holocaust and the Catholic Church
- Pius XII and the Jews by David G. Dalin
- An invicibly thorough article from a Jewish perspective
(February 26, 2001 Weekly Standard)
- The Frances and Jacob Hiatt Collection of Holocaust Materials
- at College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA
- Pius Defenders by Thomas J. Craughwell
- review and summary of three books that show the extraordinary efforts of Pius XII to save Jewish victims of the Nazis.
- A more extensive defense of Pius XII featured in the current issue of Sursum Corda and will be reprinted here as soon as the publisher allows.
- Catholic Heroes of the Holocaust by Elizabeth Altham
- The private actions of individual Catholics as well as those of the Holy See saved many Jews from their persecutors.
- The New York Times
- The Times itself testifies against its current campaign against
the memory of Pius XII.
- Pius XII and the Holocaust
- a document at the Catholic League
- Pius XII and the Jewish Holocaust memo by Sim Johnston
- Mit Brennender Sorge ("With burning sorrow")
- Encyclical issued by Pope Pius XI in 1937 whose final wording was
the responsibility of the cardinal who became Pius XII. The
encyclical, the first ever written in German, was smuggled into
Germany and read in all German churches on Palm Sunday; the Nazi
Foreign Office characterized it as "a call to battle…as it calls
upon Catholic citizens to rebel against the authority of the Reich."
(see the Altham article for attribution)
- Revisionist History, the Holocaust, and the Vatican By Kenneth L. Woodward
- Newsweek, March 30, 1998
Pius XII : Greatness Dishonoured by Michael O'Carroll, C.S.Sp.
- Published by Laetare Press, Blackrock, Co. Dublin
- Sins of the Catholic Church Links from Jeff Buchholz
Up to the Apologetics Toolkit menu
©The Augustine Club at Columbia University, 1998-2001
Last update: March 5, 2001