Up to the Augustine Club Homepage
Highlights of Previous Events
- Chastity: Why & How
- Dennis M. Helming
- The Club's first lecture, now online!
- WARNING: Dennis doesn't recoil from using baudy humor to make his points.
- Twenty Hard Questions about Abortion Pro and Con,
- Professor Michael Pakaluk
- Does God Really Exist?
- Fr. Robert Connor
- The self, atheism, rationalism, empiricism, and God
- Is There Sex in Heaven?
- Peter Kreeft
- Two sets of lecture notes:
- The Psychology of Atheism
- The Psychology of Atheism
- Paul Vitz
- Also, a commentary by Fr. Robert Connor
- lecture notes on ``John Paul II on Sex: Friend or Foe?''
- by Sim Johnston
- The Liberalism of John Paul II, Fr. Richard John Neuhaus
- lecture notes on Breast Cancer and Abortion: Compelling Evidence-- Official Denial
- Dr. Joel Brind
- If you are looking for a tape of the Scott Hahn's February 4,
1999 lecture, browse over to St. Joseph's Communications
Up to the the Augustine Club home page
Some Archived Documents
Here we have catalogued some
of the documents in our archives. Feel free to roam
the uncatalogued contents; you never know what sort of treasures
you might unearth!
- Barbet, Pierre
- The Corporal Passion of Jesus Christ
- This piece is intended to foster prayer and reflection on our
Lord's Passion. We hope that the astounding detail of the these
reflections of a surgeon on various data of the crucifixion will not
revolt, but help to recall Jesus' enourmous love and sacrifice for us.
- Bennett, William
- Includes figures showing how our nation has
- Brandt, Steve
- Steve Brandt's Theology Page
- The Augustine Club is honored to be able to archive Steve's work
defending basics of doctrine, such as the Trinity, the Divinity of
Christ, and infant baptism
- Chambers, Whittaker
- Letter to My Children
- A former Communist describes the battle in the human heart
- Connor, Robert A.
- Justice Scalia and Yogi Berra
- A presentation of an epistemological solution to check judicial activism
on the High Court. The consensus 'we hold these truths' arose from a
consciousness deriving from the historical fact of Christian life.
Personal dignity and human rights are pre-conceptual Christian truths
deriving from a lived act of faith.
- Devotions to the Blessed Virgin
- de Vinck, Christopher
- The power of the powerless.
- Florez, Joe
- Learning to Love
- A Guide on Sexuality for Young People
- Frear, Sara
- Lecture Notes
- notes of sundry Catholic lectures around Manhattan, especially Columbia University
- Against Heresies
- Jaki, Stanley L.
- Science: From the Womb of Religion
His Templeton Prize address.
- The Absolute Beneath the Relative
- John Paul II, Pope
- Homily at Holy
Mass in Cherry Creek State Park, Denver, Colorado, on the Feast of the Assumption, (August 15) 1993
The Holy Father calls upon the young people of the world to
enter the struggle against the ``culture of death''. In imitation of the
Blessed Virgin, the pilgrims must be at the service of life for the
sake of all.
- The Splendor of Truth (Veritatis Splendor)
The hypertext version of what is widely regarded as the most
brilliant encyclical of a tour-de-force papacy was first presented on
the web by Augustine Club.
- Betrothed Love, selection from Love and Responsibility
- Kierkegaard, Søren
- Fear and Trembling: ``Eulogy on Abraham'' (selection)
- Kelly, Gerald
- Chastity: A Guide for Teens and Young Adults
- Lewis, C.S.
- The Abolition of Man
- This book is usually out of print and it is so excellent that we couldn't
resist posting it online
- Mail the New York Times
- Miller, Donald
- Questions Young People Ask Before Marriage
- Mother Teresa of Calcutta
- Class Day Address at Harvard, June 8, 1982
- If we pray and serve the poor, we will find God and happiness
- Whatever You Did unto One of the Least, You Did unto Me
- from the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington DC, 3 Feb 94
- Why are we unhappy? It is because we do not know how to love, to give ourselves completely
- Nathanson, Dr. Bernard
- Deeper into Abortion
The initial stage of Dr. Nathanson's rethinking of the issue.
- NARTH (National Association for Research and Therapy of
- Brief of Amicus Curiae on the
adoption of children by homosexual couples
- Newman, John Henry Cardinal
- Mental Sufferings of Our Lord in His Passion
- A meditation on our Lord's mental sufferings in His Passion.
- Paul VI, Pope
- Humanae Vitae [Postscript][PDF]
- Percy, Walker
- Rose, Eugene
- Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age
- Sanger, Margaret [external]
- The founder of Planned Parenthood was a vile racist and
eugenicist. But don't take our word for it, read her works in full
and judge for yourself.
- Also Woman and the New Race [external]
- Schindler, David L.
- The Problem of Mechanism
- Sheed, Frank
- Freedom to Love
- How are moral laws necessary for freedom? How is freedom
necessary for love?
- Solzhenitsyn, Alexander
- Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech 1970
- Live Not By Lies, February 12, 1974
- Class Day Address at Harvard, June 8, 1978
- Stanley, Bob
- Bob Stanley's Apologetics
- Bob's apologetics, archived here at the Augustine Club, give a
thorough defense of the Blessed Virgin and show the inadequacy of
- Stenson, James
- An Overview of the Virtues
- Tierney, Richard H.; et al.
- The Church and the Sex Problem
Last update: March 6, 2002