The aim of the Caribbean Students' Association (CSA) is to enable Caribbean students to generate and foster a sense of unity and understanding among themselves, their fellow students at Columbia University, and the surrounding community. This aim is realized through the sponsoring of educational, cultural, and social events and activities that engage our community members in different aspects of Caribbean cultures. This aim is realized through the “There is Hope Campaign”: an annual service trip to a Caribbean island of the Executive Board’s choosing.
CSA holds weekly meetings on Wednesday nights from 9pm-10:30pm in the Malcom X Lounge in Hartley Hall.
Membership is open to all students enrolled in the University who identify with the culture of the Caribbean, regardless of ethnic background, and are willing to further the aims of the Association.
OUR EXECUTIVE BOARD
- President - Daena Reynolds BC'16
- Vice President - Michael Bellamy CC'16
- Secretary - Oten Iban CC'18
- Treasurer - Carolyn Peters CC'17
- Events Chairwoman - Farrah Simpson SEAS'17
- International Outreach - Jamie Hall SEAS'17
- Domestic Outreach - Alexi Thomas SEAS'18
- Inter-Campus Liaison - Gabriella Belnavis BC'18
- Publicity Chair - Adella Pierre BC'18
- Senior Advisor - Sashani Rose BC'16