Breslow Group Alumni/ae
128. Severin T. Schneebeli, “Computers for Chemistry and Chemistry for Computers: From computational prediction of reaction selectivities to novel molecular wires for electrical devices.”
127. Huanyu Zhao, “Artificial Enzymes with Thiazolium and Imidazolium Coenzyme Mimics.”
126. Sujun Wei, “Synthetic Pyridoxamine Models as Transaminase Enzyme Mimics.”
125. Mindy Levine, “Investigating the origin of homochirality.”
124. Wen-jun Zhou, “Asymmetric Transamination with Chiral Polyamines and Polymeric Vitamin B6 Enzyme Mimics.”
123. Iris Tam, “I: Efforts towards the Synthesis of a Symmetrical Cyclopropenyl Anion. II. Synthesis and Characterization of Oligothiophenes as Candidates for Single Molecule Conductance Studies.”
122. Zhenglai Fang, “Regioselective Hydroxylation of Steroids with Artificial Cytochrome P-450 Enzymes.”
121. Mark Biscoe, “Hydrophobically-Directed Selective Reductions and Oxidations.”
120. Lei Liu, "Vitamin B6 Enzyme Mimics: From Small Molecules to Macromolecules."
119. David Meybin Wilson, "I: Helical Templating of Oligopeptides by Cyclodextrin-Based Receptors. II: Cracking the Histone Code: Oligopeptides as Selective Agents in Histone Deacetlyase Inhibition."
118. Martin Leivers, "I: Mimics of Bimetallic Phosphatases. II: Retro-Diels-Alder Approach to a Symmetrical Cyclopropenyl Anion."
117. Joshua Henry Atkins, "I. Cyclodextrin-Based Receptors for Peptide Recognition. II. Molecular Determinants of Flecanide Action on the Human Cardiac Sodium Channel."
116. David K. Leung, "I. Cyclodextrin Dimers and Trimers in Peptide Binding, Protein Inhibition and Photodynamic Cancer Therapy. II. Studies Toward Synthesis of a Stable Symmetrical Cyclopropenyl Anion."
115. Kevin L. Groves, "1. Approaches to the Synthesis of a Symmetrical Cyclopropenyl Anion. 2. Hydrophobic Effects on Organic Displacement Reactions in Water."
114. Sandro Belvedere, "1. Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors: New Agents for Cancer Chemotherapy. 2. Strategies Towards an Artificial Cytochrome P450."
113. Jerry Curtis Yang, "Regioselective Oxidations of Steroids and Steroid Analogs Using Artificial Cytochrome P-450 Enzymes."
112. Leland J. Gershell, "I. Sequence-Selective Recognition of Peptides. II. Novel Cytodifferentiating Agents for Cancer Chemotherapy."
111. Nasri A. Nesnas, "I. Cyclodextrin Dimers as Artificial Receptors for Selective Binding of Steroids. II. The Design and Synthesis of Esterase Enzyme Mimics and Studies Directed Towards Cocaine Binding and Detoxification via Hydrolysis."
110. Zhiwei Yang, "Cyclodextrins as Artificial Receptors for Steroids, Peptides, and Photosensitizers."
109. M. Uljana Mayer, "I. Pyridoxal-Apoenzyme Mimics Designed for Transamination and Selective Racemization. II. Effects of Organic Cosolvents on Nucleophilic Aliphatic Substitution (SN2) Reactions in Water"
108. Steven D. Dong, "I. Imidazole Buffer Catalyzed RNA Cleavage and Isomerization. II. Bifunctionalized Cyclodextrin Enzyme Mimics."
107. Yael Webb, " I. Rational Design, Synthesis and Mechanistic Studies of Novel Inducers of Differentiation in Transformed Cells- A New Approach to Cancer Therapy. II. Mechanistic Studies on the Buffer-Catalyzed Cleavage and Isomerization of Uridyl-Uridine."
106. Ying Huang, "I. Study of Selective Aldol Condensations Directed by Artificial Enzymes. II. Study of Hydroxylations Catalyzed by Cytochrome P-450 Enzyme Mimics."
105. Elisabetta Fasella, "Pyridoxamine-Cyclodextrin Conjugates as Transaminase Mimics."
104. Miroslav Rezac, "Artificial Cobalamin-Dependent Enzymes."
103. Milana Maletic, "Selective Binding and Catalysis by Monooxygenase Enzyme Mimics."
102. Ruo Xu, "I. Study of the Mechanism of RNA Cleavage. II. Design, Synthesis, and Catalytic Studies of the Enzyme P-450 Mimics."
101. Terry Sheppard "Synthesis and Properties of 3'-Deoxyribonucleic Acids: Biophysical and Biochemical Characterization of DNA Containing 2',5'-Phosphodiester Linkages."
100. Corinna Grisostomi ,"Artificial Zinc Enzymes."
99. Jasna Klicic, "Approaches to Isolable Antiaromatic Ions."
98. Biliang Zhang, "Molecular Recognition and Catalysis in Host Guest Chemistry."
97. Frankie Ann McCormick, "I. Approaches to Pentaaminocyclopentadienyl Cations: Potential Components for Ferromagnets. II. Nonplanar Polyacene Synthesis: Towards Cyclacene."
96. Joseph P. Dougherty, "Synthesis and Properties of 2',5"-Linked DNA, and Selective Cleavage of RNA with Synthetic Catalysts."
95. John T. Koh, "Geometric Control and Reaction Selectivity in Pyridoxal Catalysis."
94. Sherin Halfon, "I. Binding and Catalysis by b-Cyclodextrin Dimers. II. Effects of Antihydrophobic Agents on Binding of b-Cyclodextrin Dimers.S
93. Todd M. Link, "I. Self-Assembling Metal Complexes in the Remote Functionalization of Steroids. II. Elimination Studies of 9,11 Substituted 17-Chlorosteroids"
92. David J. Wiedenfeld, "I. New Remote Radical Chain Functionalization Reactions. II. Structure and Reactivity of Polycyclic Nitrogen Heterocycle-Chlorine Radical Complexes. III. Studies Toward Catalytic Radical Relay Chlorination Reactions"
91. Tai-Shun Liu, "I. Optically Active Amino Acid Synthesis by Synthetic Optically Resolved Artificial Transaminase Enzymes. II. Cyclodextrin Bisimidazole Ribonuclease Mimics"
90. Deeng Lih Huang, "Mimics of Ribonuclease A"
89. Nathan P. Letts, "The Elusive Organic Ferromagnet"
88. Gerard Anthony Crispino, "Synthesis and Reactions of Tripyridylcyclopropene Derivatives: Approaches to an Isolatable Cyclopropenyl Anion"
87. Shin Chung, "Transformation of Binding Energy into Catalytic Energy- Implications for Amide Cleavage"
86. James P. Light II, "I. Cobalt-chelated Amide Hydrolysis Catalyzed by an Intramolecular Phosphonate Group. II. A water Soluble Tin Hydride Reagent. III. Cyclodextrinylcobalamin as a Potential Model of Vitamin B12-dependent Enzymes"
85. Hans Thiem, "I. Investigations of Cooperative Phenomena between Metal Centers and other Functionality in Homogeneous Catalysis. II. Molecular Modelling of Hydrophobic Cavities and their Inclusion Complexes"
84. Naofumi Kumabe, "I: Transaminase Mimics. II: Doubly Functionalized b-Cyclodextrins"
83. Tao Guo, " I: Solvophobic Acceleration and Cyclodextrin Catalysis of Diels-Alder Reactions in Nonaqueous Solvents. II: Catalytic Radical Relay Chlorination"
82. Peter Weston White, "I: Selective Epoxidation of Substrates with Metal Binding Groups. II: Calculations on the Selectivity of the Template-Directed Chlorination of Steroids"
81. Rajendra Singh, "Part I: Macroheterocyclic Zinc Complexes for Phosphate Triester Hydrolysis. Part II: Erythroid Differentiating Compounds as Anti-Cancer Agents"
80. Dan Berger, "Catalytic Zinc Macrocycles as Hydrolytic Enzyme Mimics"
79. Radhika Batra, "Part I: Template Directed Chlorination in Flexible and Rigid Substrates. Part II: Syntheses of Potential Cytochrome P-450 Mimics"
78. Raj K. Mehra, "Rate Enhancement and Optical Induction in Amino Acid Synthesis by Transaminase Analogs"
77. Jean Anne Chmielewski, "Transaminase and Racemase Activity of Pyridoxal/Pyridoxamine Enzyme Analogs"
76. Eric T. Kool, "Part I: RNA Hydrolysis Catalyzed by Imidazole Compounds. Part II: Hydrophobic Acceleration Reactions and Mimics of Thiamin-dependent Enzymes"
75. John S. Thomaides, "Novel Benzenoid Electron Donors, Triplets, and Organic Ferromagnets"
74. Teresa J. LePage, "Synthesis and Characterization of Charge Transfer Solids: the Search for an Organic Ferromagnet"
73. Alanna Schepartz, "Carboxypeptidase A: Models and Mechanism"
72. Uday Maitra, " I: Selective Aqueous Diels-Alder II: Template Directed Beta-Face Functionalization and Sidechain Removal of Steroids"
71. Samuel H. Gellman, "Metalloenzyme Models. I: Nitrogen Analogues of Cytochrome P-450 Model Reactions. II: Zinc-Based Catalysts for Phosphate Triester Hydrolysis"
70. David A. O'Krongly, "Solution and Solid State Binding Properties of Synthetic Bicyclic Receptors"
69. Alan W. Schwabacher, "I. Reactivity of Phosphoryl Nitrenes. II. Studies on Vancomycin as a Catalyst"
68. Michael T. Cooke, "Chiral Ketone Reductions and Transaminations Using a Steroidal Enzyme Model"
67. Lisa A. Deuring, "1. Synthesis and Characterization of Tetraorgano Substituted Phosphirenium Ions. 2. The Elusive Organic Ferromagnet"
66. Steven C. Zimmerman, "Beta-Eliminations and the Asymmetric Synthesis of Amino Acids by Pyridoxamine Enzyme Analogues Utilizing General Base-Acid Catalysis"
65. Donald M. Hilvert, "Enzyme Mechanisms & Models. Part I. Evidence for the General-Base Mechanism in Carboxypeptidase A-catalyzed Reactions. Part II. Thiazolium-Cyclodextrins as Holoenzyme Mimics of Thiamin-dependent Enzymes"
64. Robert C. Corcoran, "I. Biomimetic Models of Ribonuclease A. II. A Quantitative Assay for RNA Hydrolysis"
63. Dennis Heyer, "1. Application of Multiple Covalent Attachments and Ion Pairing in the Template Directed Chlorination of Steroids. 2. Remote Oxidation of the betaFace of a Steroid by Attached Benzophenone Esters"
62. Darryl Rideout, "Diels-Alder Reactions in Water"
61. Diane Marie Foley, "Application of Derivatized Beta-cyclodextrins to the Asymmetric Recognition and Synthesis of Aromatic Amino Acids"
60. Joshua Schwarz, "Part I. A Novel Thermo Electro-Chemical Method for Determining Hydrocarbon Acidities. Part II. Studies on Selective Functionalization of Flexible Substrates"
59. Richard Mark Smiley, "Design, Synthesis and Properties of Polyimidazoles as Models for Carbonic Anhydrase"
58. Wayne L. Delker, "Carboxypeptidase A: Model Studies and Mechanistic Probes"
57. David Andreas Cortes, "Synthesis of Potential Precursor to a Cyclopropenyl Anion and Butalene"
56. Raghavan Rajagopalan, "The Double Interaction in Remote Functionalization Reactions."
55. Carol Claire Lipsey, "Imidazole Cyclodextrins: Models for Ribonuclease"
54. Robert Quillin Kluttz, "I. Organic Ground State Triplets. II. Anodic Oxidation at a Vanaduim Electrode"
53. Daniel Michael Wolner, "Orientation Directed Steroid Functionalizations"
52. Chaucer Chao-Ya Tang, "Part I. Physical Organic Models for Carboxypeptidase A. Part II. Models for the Metal-Binding Sites of Carbonic Anhydrase and Carboxypeptidase A"
51. Jonathan B. Rothbard, "Remote-Oxidation of Flexible Hydrocarbon Chains"
50. David Louis Wernick, "Carboxypeptidase A: Mechanism and Organic Models"
49. Louis M. Maresca, "Directed Remote Epoxidation of Polyenes by Hydroperoxides Using Template-coordinated Transition Metal Catalysts"
48. William R. Johnson, "Application of Electrochemical Techniques to Organic Chemistry"
47. Frederick Herman, "Remote Oxidation of Flexible Substrates by Benzophenone, Iodobenzene-dichloride, and Nitrene Reagents"
46. Richard J. Corcoran, "The Design of Aryliodine Dichloride Reagents for Geometrically Controlled Site Specific Functionalization of Steroids"
45. Jack E. Emert, "Modifications of the Hydrophobic Cavity of the Cyclodextrins"
44. Abraham Pinter, "Modified Cycloamyloses as Enzyme Models"
43. Sophia Yan Liu, "Functionalization of Steroids by Remote Oxidation and Selective Free Radical Halogenation"
42. Joseph M. Pecoraro, "The Chemistry of Cyclopropenone and Cyclopropenyl Anion"
41. Philip Freidenreich, "The Preparation and Properties of Modified Cyclodextrins"
40. Paul M. Kalicky, "Selective Functionalization of Steroids"
39. Dennis Ray Murayama, "Diarylcyclobutadienonaphthoquinones. General Preparation of the Tricyclic Ring System. A Systematic Electrochemical Evaluation of the Antiaromaticity of Cyclobutadiene and the Proposition of Push-Pull Stabilization"
38. John A. Napierski, "I. Approaches to Butalene: Substituent Effects on Antiaromatic Transition State for the Rearrangement of Dewar Benzenes"
37. Craig J. McAllister, "Intramolecular Bifunctional Catalysis, A Physical Organic Model for an Enzyme Active Site"
36. Yuan Chao, "Enzyme Models with Hydrophobic Binding Sites"
35. Richard E. Abbott, "Symmetrical Intramolecular Substitution Reactions. Models for a Penta-Coordinate Carbon"
34. William Kin Cheung Chu, "Electrochemical Studies on Antiaromaticity: The Determinations of the pKa's of Triphenylmethanes, Cycloheptatriene and Cyclopropenes"
33. William N. Washburn, "I. Cyclobutadieno-cyclopentadienyl Anion: Synthesis and Stability II. Selective Functionalization of Cholestanol at C9 or at C14"
32. Timothy P. Higgs, "Attempted Synthesis of the Symmetrical Tribenzoylcyclopropenyl Anion"
31. Peter C. Campbell, "Electrophilic Substitution Within Cycloamylose Mixed Complexes"
30. John T. Groves, "I. Free Radical Oxidative Cyclization of Terpenes. II. Cyclopropenyl Cation: Synthesis, Stability and Spectra"
29. Robert H. Grubbs, "I. Derivatives of Cyclobutadiene. II. Studies of Cyclooctatetraene Iron Tricarbonyl"
28. Maurice Schmir, "Metal-Catalyzed Nucleophilic Additions"
27. Jon E. Malmin, "Metal Chelates as Enzyme Models"
26. Mitchell A. Winnik, "Remote Oxidation of Unactivated Methylenes"
25. Ira A. Katz, "A Study of E. Coli Alkaline Phosphatase"
24. Gordon A. Ryan, "Synthesis of Cyclopropenone"
23. Henry T. Bozimo, "Bicyclo[1.1.0]butyl-2-carbinyl Cations"
22. Douglas LaFollette, "Intramolecular Solvation"
21. Stephen S. Olin, "Free Radical Cyclization of Terpenes"
20. Donald R. Getzin, "The Kinetic Alpha Effect in Dimethyl Sulfoxide"
19. Robert B. Fairweather, "Metal-Catalyzed Reactions of Coordinated Substrates"
18. William Vitale, "Synthesis and Study of Potentially Aromatic Cycloalkacyclooctenes"
17. Edmond J. Gabbay, "Potential Model Systems for the Dehydrogenase Enzymes
16. David M. Chipman, "Mixed Metal Chelates as Models for Hydrolytic Enzymes"
15. Lawrence J. Altman, "Syntheses and Properties of Some Alkyl Substituted Cyclopropenones"
14. Philip F. Wolf, "Cyclopropenes as Precursors to Bicylobutanes Syntheses and Reactivities"
13. Judd C. Posner, "Cyclopropenones: Synthesis by a Modified Favorskii Reaction and Determination of Some Physical Properties"
12. Erno Mohacsi, "Studies on d-Orbital Conjugation"
11. Ruth A. Peterson, "Studies on Cyclopropenones"
10. Peter Gal, "The Reactivity of the Triphenylcyclopropenyl Free Radical; Rearrangements of Substituted Cyclopropenyl Dimers to Substituted Benzenes"
9. Paul Dowd, "Approaches to the Sym Triphenylcyclopropenyl Anion"
8. Edward J. Barrett, "Model Studies of Squalene Cyclization"
7. Audrey M. Small, "Studies of Cyclopropenylcarbinyl Species"
6. William S. Bahary, "Polarographic Evidence on the Resonance Stabilization of Some Cyclopropenyl Cations"
5. Doris Kivelevich, "Synthetic Approaches to Substituted Cyclobutadiene. I. The Structure of Distyrinic Acid II. Other Synthetic Approaches to Substituted Cyclobutadiene"
4. Robert S. Boikess, "Monoconjugate Reduction of Some Diphenylcyclopropenes by Lithium Aluminum Hydride; Approaches to a Cyclopropenylcarbinyl Cation"
3. Hai Won Chang, "The Stability and Reaction of Some Cyclic Cations. I. Cyclopropenyl Cations II. Cyclopentadienyl Cations"
2. Edward J. McNelis, "Thiazolium Salts as Models for Thiamine Action"
1. Merle A. Battiste, "Studies in the Diphenylcyclopropene Series. Detection of a Cyclopropene Anion"