Dr. Wei Min graduated from Peking University, China, with a Bachelor's degree in 2003. He received his Ph.D. in Chemistry from Harvard University in 2008 studying single-molecule biophysics with Prof. Sunney Xie. After continuing his postdoctoral work in Xie group, Dr. Min joined the faculty of Department of Chemistry at Columbia University in 2010, and has been a tenured full Professor since 2017. Dr. Min's current research interests focus on developing novel optical spectroscopy and microscopy technology to address biomedical problems. Dr. Min's contribution has been recognized by a number of honors, including:
Blavatnik National Awards for Young Scientists, Faculty Finalist (2019)
Pittsburgh Conference Achievement Award (2019)
Analyst Emerging Investigator Lectureship (2018)
ACS Early Career Award in Experimental Physical Chemistry (2017)
Coblentz Award in Molecular Spectroscopy (2017)
Buck-Whitney Award of American Chemical Society (2015)
Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award (2015)
George Fraenkel Fund Award (2014)
Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship (2013)
National Institute of Health (NIH) Director's New Innovator Award (2012)
Young Investigator in Analytical and Bioanalytical Science (2012)
Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists of the New York Academy of Sciences, Faculty Finalist (2012)
Research Initiatives for Science and Engineering (RISE) Award of Columbia University (2012)
1. C. W. Freudiger*, W. Min*, B. G. Saar, S. Lu, G. R. Holtom, C. He, J. C. Tsai, J. X. Kang and X. S. Xie. “Label-free biomedical imaging with high sensitivity by stimulated Raman scattering microscopy”, Science, 322, 1857, (2008). *equal contribution.
2. W. Min, S. Lu, S. Chong, R. Rahul, G. H. Holtom and X. S. Xie. “Imaging chromophores with undetectable fluorescence by simulated emission microscopy”, Nature, 461, 1105, (2009).
3. L. Wei, Y. Yu, Y. Shen, W. C. Wang* and W. Min*. “Vibrational imaging of newly synthesized proteins in live cells by stimulated Raman scattering microscopy”, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 110, 11226 (2013). *Co-corresponding authors.
4. L. Wei, F. Hu, Y. Shen, Z. Chen, Y. Yu, C. Lin, M. Wang and W. Min. “Live-cell imaging with alkyne-tagged small biomolecules by stimulated Raman Scattering”, Nature Methods, 11, 410 (2014).
5. Z. Chen, D. Paley, L. Wei, A. Weisman, R. Friesner, C. Nuckolls* and W. Min*. “Multicolor live-cell chemical imaging by isotopically edited alkyne vibrational palette”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136, 8027 (2014). *Co-corresponding authors.
6. L. Wei, Z. Chen, L. Shi, R. Long, A. V. Anzalone, L. Zhang, F. Hu, R. Yuste, V. W. Cornish and W. Min. “Super-multiplex vibrational imaging”, Nature, 544, 465 (2017).
7. Y. Shen, Z. Zhao, L. Zhang, L. Shi, S. Shahriar, R. B. Chan, G. Paolo and W. Min. Metabolic activity induces membrane phase separation in endoplasmic reticulum. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 114, 13394 (2017).
8. F. Hu, C. Zeng, R. Long, Y. Miao, L. Wei, Q. Xu and W. Min. Super-multiplexed optical imaging and barcoding with engineered polyynes. Nature Methods, 15, 194 (2018).
9. L. Shi, C. Zheng, Y. Shen, Z. Chen, E. Silveira, L. Zhang, M. Wei, C. Liu, C. Sena-Tomas, K. Targoff, and W. Min. Optical imaging of metabolic dynamics in animals. Nature Communications, 9, 2995 (2018).
10. Q. Cheng, L. Wei, Z. Liu, N. Ni, Z. Sang, B. Zhu, W. Xu, L.-Q. Chen, W. Min* and Y. Yang*. “In-operando, three dimensional, and simultaneous visualization of ion depletion and lithium growth by stimulated Raman scattering microscopy”, Nature Communications, 9, 2942 (2018) *Co-corresponding authors.
11. M. Wei, L. Shi, Y. Shen, Z. Zhao, A. Guzman, L. J. Kaufman, L. Wei and W. Min. Volumetric chemical imaging by clearing-enhanced stimulated Raman scattering microscopy. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 116, 6608 (2019).
12. Y. Shen, F. Hu and W. Min. Raman imaging of small biomolecules. Annual Review of Biophysics 48, 347 (2019).
13. L. Zhang, L. Shi, Y. Shen, Y. Miao, M. Wei, N. Qian, Y. Liu and W. Min. Spectral tracing of deuterium for imaging glucose metabolism. Nature Biomedical Engineering 3, 402 (2019).
14. H. Xiong, L. Shi, L. Wei, Y. Shen, R. Long, Z. Zhao and W. Min. Stimulated Raman excited fluorescence spectroscopy and imaging. Nature Photonics 13, 412 (2019).