Butler Library

Research Misconduct

If You Have a Concern

The University does not tolerate retaliation against those who report a compliance concern in good faith.  

If you have a question with respect to possible research misconduct there are several places you can go to discuss your concern, such as:

Some issues may be able to be resolved informally through a Dean or department Chair, or other official in the relevant department, center or institute before any formal allegations of misconduct are made.

An individual may begin a formal misconduct proceeding by submitting a written allegation of research misconduct to the Chair of the Standing Committee or to the Executive Vice President for Research.

The University takes seriously each allegation of research misconduct. 

The Office of Research Compliance and Training is available to consult confidentially at any point, including before any decision has been made about submitting a formal allegation.