1. As usual, our games never start promptly so why should this one which
eventually got going around 12:45PM thanks to the late arrivals of 2
members from CUCC.
2. CUCC lost the toss and was sent to don our whites and field.
3. Opening the bowling attack was Asad who was looking sharp from the get go
giving the batsmen some trouble getting their eye on the ball. Asad went on
to complete his 7 over but wasn't awarded a wicket.
4. On the other end, Sunil, joined the attack but was too generous with the
extras. Not his usual performance, Sunil completed 6 overs for the day.
5. Ajay took the first change from Asad and from the first ball was dead on
accurate getting a lot of swing. He was instantly awarded his first wicket
on his first over. He went on to complete his spell with 2 maidens, giving
up 23 runs but not before taking 4 valuable wickets.
6. Anwer, the might bowler, who could intimidate any batsmen was looking
pretty good with the ball. He bowled one of his better spells giving up 23
runs but wasn't awarded a wicket.
7. As Ajay completed his spell, Ashok came in and was determined to put
practice to play.
8. Despite the lack of bowling during games, Ashok was a little wayward
but came back strong to get his first ever 5-fer with CUCC and on the
Saturday side this season. Despite the 5 wickets, improvement is necessary
given 62 runs were given up.
9. With the lack of bowling attack, Sayan and Gokul made every
effort to bowl their best but not before giving up 39 runs in total in 3
overs. I think batting is for both of you
10. WCC managed to score a comfortable 242 with 60 runs coming from
extras (not sure if their batsmen got short changed for runs). Clearly we
need to improve our bowling skills.
1. Chasing 242 is not an easy task. But the gods of weather were looking
down on us and granting us a picture perfect day without the humidity.
2. In went Ratesh and Gokul, both who have been looking sharp at the crease
in the opening order. From the first 2 balls, the chase begun with 2
boundaries from Gokul.
3. Gokul looking comfortable was putting away some good bowling but fell
short of his normal batting performance. Scoring 21 runs with 4 boudaries.
4. In went Aditya joining Ratesh, who looking sharp as usual, kept his cool
and patience. Playing his shots accordingly to his liking, Ratesh was not
perturbed by the variety of bowling he received. He played well and went on
to score 44
5. Sunil joined Aditya who was taking his time with his technical batting.
Sunil didn't waste much time and was lazily flicking the easy ones to the
boundaries. Even WCC had no idea what was going on. Who was this man who
dared to thrash their bowling??. Both batsmen were looking comfortable at
the crease. Though Aditya was not in his best form, still managed to score
6. By now Sunil was looking good and doing a lot of damage to WCC's bowling.
Kamran joined Sunil and despite the lack of games played, was going well
with this English "elbow up Geoff Boycott" style of batting.
7 Looking good with the bat, Sunil returned to the pavilion
scoring a handsome 56 from 27 balls. I think there was a sigh of relief seen
from WCC or they thought they had some relief. By water break, CUCC was
looking good at 125 runs in 17 overs. The game was definitely on !!!
8. Joining Kamran, was Omar, who was playing his first game of the season.
Not sure of what to expect, Omar keeping his head down, played cautiously
and between the two batsmen kept the runs coming in.
9. Two unseasoned, lack of cricket playing, CUCC members actually were
giving the opposition a lot of trouble. Who knew CUCC members had such
talent? Kamran batted well and went to score 25 runs in 29 balls.
10. With the erratic bowling from WCC, CUCC was looking for 18 runs in 6
overs to secure the game. Sayan went in to join Omar and from the initial
ball, Sayan showed them who was boss. He went with a mission to
complete the game and with just facing 5 balls scored 14 runs with 2 x
11. CUCC beat WCC by 5 wickets and 4.4 overs to spare.
A great victory for CUCC and those who played this game. A job
well done. Obviously a lot of improvement is required in the bowling
department, but nevertheless a great all round effort by everyone. I cannot
stipulate how important PROMPTNESS is for the club's reputation. We lack
this one trait and if we all can get our act together and arrive at the
ground at the said time, it would show your commitment to the club and
secure your position in the next game.
There is no reason why we all cannot be at the ground on time, every time.