“ Our Mission: To empower volunteers to facilitate sustainable solutions in under-resourced communities while fostering local cultures. ”
Why Get Involved? What Opportunities Will CUGB Offer Me?
- Working in international development, an emerging “hot” field
- Practice with public health, education, engineering and community organizing skills in the real world
- Building leadership, business and community development skills, all with practical applications
- Applying the information learned in school
- The chance to learn and practice Spanish
- Knowing that you are making a tangible difference for these communities’ well-being
How to Get Involved
- To join a brigade, please go to the Applications tab. We will be collecting applications in Fall 2011 for out Winter 2012 Brigade
- If you would like to lead a brigade that is not currently offered at Columbia, we would love to hear from you! Please contact the CUGB Board at email@example.com with your information, which brigade you are interested in leading, and why you are interested and would be a good leader.
- Even if you don’t want to lead a brigade, every brigade requires a large amount of pre-planning and preparation (e.g. acquiring enough medicine by writing grants for Medical Brigades) and we could always use your help!
- If you would like to be involved in any other capacity with CUGB (planning on-campus events, spreading the word, co-sponsoring us through another club, running for a board positions in our elections) again, please contact the CUGB Board.
- CU Global Brigades is planning several different on-campus events throughout the semester. You can choose to participate, organize, promote or simply attend upcoming panel discussions, speaker series, fundraising events,etc.
- If you would like to sign up for our listserv to learn about CUGB events, news and other CUGB related interests, please send an e-mail to CUglobalbrigadesfirstname.lastname@example.org the word “subscribe” in the body text (subject line blank)