The mission of the Center for Urban Research and Policy is to:
- Create a more informal national dialogue about the challenges and successes of our nation’s urban policies and programs;
- Advance research and curriculum on pressing urban issues;
- Prepare and train students to pay a greater role in improving cities;
- Promote the participation of urban residents, particularly women and minorities, in policy determination at the local, state, and national levels;
- Provide public officials and community leaders with new tools for management and policy analysis.