The Japanese Language Program is housed in the East Asian Languages and Cultures (EALAC) Department on the 5th floor of Kent Hall.
Columbia Japan Relief (CJR) is a student organization committed to providing relief to those affected by the unprecedented earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster in Japan.
- The Japanese Language Program hosts Chat Club, a bi-weekly informal language table.
Chat Club in Spring 2014: 1:30-2:30 p.m. on Fridays, 1/31, 2/7, 3/7, 3/28, and 4/11 in Kent Student Lounge (403 Kent).
- Final Exam Schedule for Fall 2013
- Harumatsuri was held on Friday, 4/12, 2013. The website is here.
- If you have previously taken Japanese elsewhere and want to take Japanese at Columbia, received a C or below in the fall semester (or C+ or below in the spring semester), or did not take Japanese at Columbia last semester, you will have to take a placement test on Friday, January 24th, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. (Room: 522C Kent).
- Shirato Fund Scholarships for any students going to summer programs to study Japanese have been announced.
- Podcasting from Japanese Program.
- Links page updated 1.19.2013.