Division of Government Affairs
White House Internships 2013
The White House Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. This hands-on program is designed to mentor and cultivate today's young leaders, strengthen their understanding of the Executive Office and prepare them for future public service opportunities.
The application for the Summer 2013 White House Internship Program is now available online at www.whitehouse.gov. The dates of the Summer 2013 White House Internship Program are May 28, 2013-August 9, 2013.
Those interested in applying to the White House Internship Program must be:
· U.S. Citizens
· Eighteen years of age on or before the first day of the internship
· Enrolled in a college or university (2-4 year institution) or must have graduated from college in the past two years
Interns will be placed in a departmental office for their internship. Below is a list of departments in the Office of the President and the Office of the Vice President where interns could be placed.
· Office of Chief of Staff
· The Office of Cabinet Affairs
· The White House Communications Department
· The White House Office of Public Liaison and Intergovernmental Affairs
· The Office of the First Lady
· The White House Office of Legislative Affairs (OLA)
· The Office of Political Affairs
· The Office of Management and Administration
· The Office of White House Counsel
· The Domestic Policy Council
· The White House Office of Health Reform
· The National Economic Council
More information on the White House Internship Program, including application instructions, can be found at: www.whitehouse.gov/about/internships