Article I : Purpose
The aim purpose of the [organization name] is to ...
Article II : Membership
1. Any member of the Columbia community is eligible to become a member of this organization. In any given academic term, one is considered a member of this organization if she has attended at least one club activity and one meeting in the preceding or current term.
2. The membership of this organization will at all times contain at least 5 Columbia students, be at least 50% GSAS students.
3. In compliance with Columbia 's Nondiscrimination Statement, this organization shall not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, or sexual orientation.
4. If this organization charges monetary dues, there will be exceptions made for students that cannot afford them.
Article III : Officers
1. This organization will have two officers, President and Treasurer.
2. The President shall be the official representative of the group to any other organization and to Columbia. The President will preside over all meetings. The President is also responsible for determining when meetings are and publicizing this to the group.
3. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the finances of the group. The Treasurer is required to sign all checks/vouchers of the group.
4. All officers of this organization must be distinct persons and Columbia students.
5. Elections of officers shall occur [state frequency and time of year].
6. Any member of this organization is eligible to run for office.
7. Quorum for elections is [percentage] of the group.
8. Any member is elected if he or she wins a majority of the voting members.
9. If more than two people are running and no one wins a majority, then the person with the fewest votes is dropped from the ballot and votes are recast.
10. The term of office runs from [date] until [date].
11. Officers may be removed by a [percentage] vote of the members.
Article IV : Meetings
1. Meetings shall be held at least every [time period].
2. Meetings shall be presided over by the president, unless she is absent, and in that case the [other officer] shall preside.
3. All decisions shall be made by a majority vote of all members present.
4. Quorum for a meeting shall be [percentage] of the membership.
Article V : Amendments
1. Amendments shall be presented by any member of the organization.
2. Amendments shall be passed by a [percentage] voted of the members present.
Quorum for amending this constitution shall be [percentage] of all members of the organization.
Article VI : GSAC Governance Clause
The [organization name] agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the Association of Student Activities, and its executive board. This constitution, amendments to it, and the by-laws of this organization shall be subject to review by the GSAC Steering Committee to insure that they are in accordance with the aforementioned rules and regulations.