Columbia University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences Faculty minutes, 1893-1904, 1914-1922, 1937-1961.
|Columbia University. College of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Faculty.
|Health Sciences Library
|View CLIO record >>
The College of Pharmaceutical Sciences was founded as the College of Pharmacy of the City of New York in 1829 for the education
of apprentices; it was the second college of pharmacy to be organized in the United States. In 1894, the College constructed
a modern facility on West 68th Street near Columbus Avenue where it remained for the rest of its existence. In 1904, it entered
into an affiliation with Columbia University, which allowed it to retain its corporate and financial independence while issuing
its degrees under Columbia's name. The College never became an integral unit of the University. In 1966, the institution's
name was changed to the College of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Due to financial and accreditation problems, the College graduated
its last class in 1976.
Scope and Contents
Minutes of the faculty of the Columbia University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, known until 1966 as the College of Pharmacy.
The faculty was responsible for the educational program of the College, monitoring student progress, and the regulation of