Noorjahan Begum (University of Hyderabad)
submitted: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:59:17 +0300
Prof. (Dr.) Noorjahan Begum
Visiting Professor of Hindi & Sanskrit
Dept. of Indology
Center for Eastern Languages and Cultures
79, Nycho Tsanov Str.
1303, Sofia, BULGARIA
phone: 359/2-797194 (residence)
Professor & Head
Department of Hindi
School of Humanities
University of Hyderabad
Hyderabad - 500046 INDIA
phones: 91/040-3010373 (residence)
91/040-3010500 extention 3450 (office)
Description of work:
Languages known: Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, English, Telugu, Russian, and Turkish
Specialization: Bhakti Literature, Forms of Poetry, Aesthetics, Stylistics,
Study of Hindi and Sanskrit Language & Literature,
Dakhini Hindi Language and Literature and Translation
Hindi & Sanskrit Languages teaching at Ankara University, Ankara Turkey
From 1992 to 1996, and at Sofia University, Sofia Bulgaria since November
(a) Books :
1. Purakhyan ka Adhunik Hindi Prabandh Kavyon Per Prabhav
(Influence of Mythological Stories on Modern Hindi Epics),
Published by Jawahar Pustakalya, Mathura, 1981.
2. Kadambari: Shuknasopdesh by Vanbhatta, Traslated into Hindi
from Sanskrit, Published by Jawahar Pustakalaya, Mathura, 1981.
3. Krishna Bhakta Musalman Kavi (Muslim Poets of Krishna Bhakti cult)
Published by Jawahar Pustakalaya, Mathura, 1985 .
4. Hindi Sahitya mein Rupak Katha Kavya: Udbhav aur vikas.
( Origin and Development of Allegory in Hindi Literature)
Published by Bhartiya Vidya Prakashan, Delhi, 1990.
5. Awaz aur Admi by Prof. Mogani Tabassum,
Translated into Hindi from Urdu entitled "Dhwani aur Gazal"
(Phonetics and gazal), published Sameer Prakashan, Hyderabad, 1990.
6. Hintche Gramer (Hindi Grammer in Turkish Language)
Published by ABA Publications, Ankara, Turkey, 1995.
7. Bhartiya Kavya Shastra (Articles on Indian Poetics for M.A. Hindi
distance Education) Published by Andhra University School of
Correspondence Courses, Andhra University,1991
8.Translation to the Essays of Prof. U.R.Anant Murthy from Kannad into
Hindi, with Nand Kumar Hegde, Published by Radhakrishana Prakashan,
New Delhi, 1998.
9. A Novel "Kamotsav" Written by Shri G. Sheshendra Sharma,
Translated into Hindi from Telugu. - In the Press.
10. A Dakhini Hindi Epic " Phoolban" by Ibne Nishati
Edited into Devanagri Script - Received a Grant for Publication from
University of Hyderabad - under publication
11. Hindi ke Pauranik kavya: Nav Mulyankan (Neo Criticism of Mythological
Hindi Epics) under publication
12. Aesthetics of Translation - under publication
(b) Publications in foreign Language
Published a Hindi Grammar book in Turkish Language (Entitled, Hint¨e Grammer)
(c) Works in Progress :
1. One Major Project entitled - " Bhaktikaleen Hindi Sahitya ke Bharatiya
Tattwa Ka Jatiya Paksh" (The Phenomenon of Cast System of Indianness to
the Hindi literature of Bhakti Cult") Awarded By University Grants
Commission, New Delhi, India, December 1997.
2. One Minor Project entitled - "Aesthetics of Dakhini Poetry" Awarded by
Unassigned Grant Commission, Government of India.
3. One Major Project - "Aesthetics of Translation" Awarded by "Institute of
Advanced Study, Rshtrapati Nivas Shimla, India.
4. Compiling Hindi - Turkish - Hindi - Dictionaries
5. Prepared a Hindi Course Material with the Students from New Zealand,
who had joined a Crash Course of Hindi Language under "Study India
Program" in June 1999.
(d)Invitations from Abroad:
1. Presented a paper entitled "Aesthetics of Subjective Philosophy
of Mevlana Jelaluddin Rumy and Kabir" held on 15-17 December, 2000 at Ankara,
2. Invited for presenting a paper entitled, "Aesthetics Sense and the Total
Human Personality" for "The 15th International Congress for Aesthetics
to be held at Tokyo, Japan, August 27 - 31, 2001.
Award Received: Dr. Ambedkar Fellowship Award, 24th September, 1998.
National Dalit Sahitya Akademy, New Delhi, India.