Raghbendra Jha (Australian National University)
submitted: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 12:01:18 +1000
Professor and Executive Director
Australia South Asia Research Center
Research School of Pacific and Asian Studies (RSPAS)
Australian National University
Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Description of work:
My primary objectives as well as those of the Center are:
1. To study the economic development and political economy of South Asia,
particularly of India.
2. To provide a focus for scholarly interest across disciplines in South
Asia throughout The Australian National University.
3. To develop a database on the South Asian economies.
4. To establish research linkages with South Asian research and teaching
institutions, and with Australian institutions with research interests in
5. To establish and maintain consultative links with South Asian
governments, the Commonwealth Government of Australia and its agencies,
the Australian business community and its organizations, and with
significant non-government organizations.
6. To disseminate the findings of research work throughout the community.
The Centre publishes a series on South Asia within the Economics Division
7. To undertake training activities on South Asian economics particularly
at post graduate level.
1. Macroeconomics for Developing Countries, second edition, forthcoming
2002, London and New York: Routledge
2. Modern Public Economics: 1998, London and New York: Routledge
3. Economic Reforms, Economic Growth and anti-Poverty Strategy in India,
Country Strategic Opportunities Paper, International Fund for
Agricultural Development, Rome, 2001
4. Components of the Wholesale Bid-Ask Spread and the Structure
of Grain Markets: The Case of Rice in India (vol.21, no.2. 1999)
5. Tax Efficiency in Selected Indian States, (vol. 24, no.4, 1999)
South Asian economic development
fiscal and monetary policy in developing countries