Dhurba Rizal (Kathmandu, Nepal)
updated: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 13:53:49 +0900
Dr. Dhurba Rizal, PhD
Post Box No. 8975, EPC 1439
Date of Birth: 10/01/1966
Place of Birth: Damphu, Tsirang Bhutan
Education: Ph.D in Public Management
Expertise: Public Management, Conflict and Development,
Governance, Decentralization and Democracy
Description of work:
1. Sample Articles and Journal Papers
Various articles to National and International Papers and Journals on
contemporary issues in the area of expertise and work. The recent Journal
papers and articles include:
* "The Unknown Refugee Crisis: Expulsion of the Ethnic Lhotsampa from
Bhutan' Journal of Asian Ethnicity, Volume 15, Number 2, June 2004.
Francis and Taylor, Carfax Publishers. pp151-177.
* "Maoist Violence and Elusive Peace in Nepal" The Canadian Journal of
Peace Studies. Brandon University, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. 2004.
* Rizal, Dhurba. 2003. "Diplomacy and Refugee Repatriation". The Kathmandu
* Rizal, Dhurba. 2003. "UNHCR and Bhutanese Refugees". The Kathmandu Post,
2. Published Books
* Rizal, Dhurba. 2001. Bhutan: Decentralization and Good Governance. New
Delhi: Adroit Publishers.
* Rizal, Dhurba. 2001. Human Resource Management. Kathmandu: Ratna Pustak
* Rizal, Dhurba. 2000. Project Management. Kathmandu: Ratna Pustak
* Rizal, Dhurba. 2000.Organization Management. Kathmandu: Ratna Pustak
* Rizal, Dhurba. 2002. Administrative System in Bhutan: Retrospect and
Prospect. New Delhi: Adroit Publishers.
* Rizal, Dhurba and Yozo Yokota. Understanding Development, Conflict and
Violence: The Cases of Bhutan, Nepal, Northeast of India and Chittagong
Hill Tracts of Bangladesh. (Working Draft Book to be published in 2005
* Taught Public Management and Public Personal Administration at Master
Level at Central Department of Public Administration, Tribhuvan University
(T.U.) Kathmandu, Nepal from 1996 till 2002 in the capacity of Lecturer;
* Also taught the post Graduate students of Executive Masters of Business
Administration (EMBA), Purbavanchal University, Nepal from 2000-2002;
* Taught Project Management and Human Resource Management to undergraduate
Students at Campion College, T.U. Nepal from 1997 till 2002 in the
capacity of Lecturer;
* Taught Organizational Behavior to Master level students of Health
Science of Pokhara University, Nepal from 2001 to 2002.
* Taught Organizational Behavior to Master level students at Central
Department of Public Administration T.U. Kathmandu, Nepal and
Organizational Management to Undergraduate students at Campion College,
T.U. for 1997-1999 as a Lecturer/Trainer; and
* Designed the syllabus and curriculum for masters and undergraduate
programs of Tribhuvan and Purbavanchal University in the areas of
Academic research in the areas of Peace and Governance, Refugees,
Migration, Conflict, Development and other contemporary areas has been
undertaken at UNITED NATIONS UNIVERSITY, TOKYO JAPAN and other academic
and research institutes since 1996.