Daniela Rossella (University of Potenza)
updated: February 13, 2010 2:53:06 PM EST
Ph.D. Dr. Daniela Rossella
Adjunct Professor in Indology and History of Religions
University of Potenza, ITALY
Adjunct Professor in Indology
Conservatorio di Musica of Vicenza, ITALY
Piazza Buzzati, 5
43122 Parma, ITALY
Description of work:
* Degree in Sanskrit Language and Literature, magna cum laude, at the
University of Milan, Italy.
* Ph.D. at the University "La Sapienza" of Rome, Italy.
* Fellowship (2004) in the Oxford Centre for Hindu and Vaisnava Studies in
* Fields of research: Indian aesthetics and rhetorics; Sanskrit poetry and
dramaturgy; devotional religion; comic literature of India; women's position in India.
* Publications: translations from Sanskrit into Italian (Samayamatrika;
Sakuntalopakyana; Amarushataka; Sattasai; Mayurashtaka; Anangaranga;
Rasamajari; Bhaminivilasa; Ratimanjari; Rasikaranjana;
Shriramapratapacharitamahakavya; Hamsaduta; Rathangaduta;
Shringararasashtaka; and an anthology of Sanskrit poetry); several essays
on kavya, bhakti, alamkarashastra, and stridharma.
* Current projects: analysis of the origins of kavya; translation from
Pali into Italian of the Thera-Therigatha; translation of Rupa Gosvamins