Resources for Students of Turkish
Intensive Advanced Turkish (TURK 30101-30102-30103/NELG 30101-30102-30103) will once again be offered during Summer Session 2012 at the University of Chicago.
Newspapers and Magazines
Butler and Lehman Libraries have a selection of Turkish and Ottoman Language newspapers and magazines.
Student Clubs at Columbia University
Columbia Turkish Club
Columbia Turkish Club: CTC for those who are interested in organizing events, film nights, poetry and art nights, study activities with other classes are welcome to join CTCs board. CTC has been active since fall 2010 and will be a formal student club this year. You are highly encouraged to take a role and contribute the growth of Turkish program in the broader sense to larger university community. This will bring you more credibility and involvement in a community that is surrounded by Turkish language and culture. Find the club on Facebook.
Turkish Initiative: The SIPA Turkish Initiative is a student organization committed to fostering intellectual exchange about Turkish politics, history, culture, and role in international affairs, both at Columbia University and within the greater New York community.
- http://www.zaman.com.tr : Turkish daily newspaper
- http://www.hurriyet.com.tr: Turkish daily newspaper
- http://www.tulumba.com; Turkish books, music, movies, and food
- Sufi Books, 227 West Broadway (south of Canal Street), (212) 334 5212.
- The Middle East Institute at Columbia
- The Kevorkian Center at NYU
- The Brooklyn Museum
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art