The Neural Circuits Lab investigates the neural circuitry underlying psychiatric disorders by recording and manipulating neural activity in mouse models. Founded by Joshua Gordon MD-PhD, the lab focuses on animal models of schizophrenia, anxiety and depression using neural circuit activity in awake behaving mice. With Dr. Gordon's departure to direct the NIMH, the lab maintains an active research program with the leadership of Alexander Harris, MD-PhD and the post-doctoral researchers, Atheir Abbas, MD-PhD , Alan Park, PhD, and Piray Atsak, PhD.
- Congratulations to Atheir Abbas on his recent publication in Neuron!
- Congratulations to Alexander Harris on receiving a NARSAD young investigator award!
- Congratulations to Piray Atsak on her Sackler Institute Award!
- Congratulations to Atheir Abbas on his Levy Foundation Award!
- Congratulations to our undergrads Emma, Britt, and Raisa on their Barnard Summer Research Institute Awards!
- Congratulations to Alex Harris on his K08 award!
- Congratulations to Atheir Abbas on recieving a NARSAD young investigator award!