The International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) is an excellent resource for international students and staff. ISSO is located at 524 Riverside Drive, 212-854-3587.
Columbia University is committed to protecting the privacy of its students. The Provost's office has distributed a letter to the Columbia community explaining the laws and policies that govern Columbia's release of student information. Click to view the full text of this letter.
Click to view current travel warnings and announcements from the U.S. Department of State. For visa information, click to view the U.S. Department of State's Visa Services.
To find out more about your rights if a law enforcement or immigration official wishes to speak with you, see the contact list below of organizations that can provide legal advice and assistance if the need arises:
- Columbia Law School Center for Public Interest Law - (212) 854-3535
- American Civil Liberties Union - (212) 549-2500
- American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) - (202) 244-2990
- Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF) - (212) 966-5932
- Center for Constitutional Rights (212) 614-6464
- National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild - (617) 227-9727
- New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) - (212) 344-3005
- U.S. Commission on Civil Rights (UCCR) - (800) 552-6843