June 23, 2008
Columbia Expands Global Executive MBA to Asia
EMBA-Global, the top-ranked partnership program between Columbia Business School and London Business School, is expanding to Asia. London Business School and Columbia Business School are launching EMBA-Global Asia in partnership with The University of Hong Kong.
Read the blog about the launch by Glenn Hubbard, dean of the Columbia Business School.
EMBA-Global Asia will be the first and only program to offer learning and networking opportunities across the three cities which most drive global business: New York, London and Hong Kong, as well as in the hub of China’s most dynamic city, Shanghai.
The program has been designed specifically for globally-focused executives and managers, primarily based in Asia, who seek to deepen their understanding of both Western and Eastern business perspectives and who are passionate about the opportunities offered by Asia’s rapid economic development.
Specifics of the program
- The inaugural class will commence in May 2009 with an expected cohort of approximately 50 students.
- The program will be a 20 month intensive program.
- Students will receive, on completion, a joint MBA degree awarded by The University of Hong Kong, Columbia University, and London Business School.
- The rigorous academic curriculum will be taught at premier facilities in Hong Kong/Shanghai, London and New York, with study in other global regions on the International Seminars and Assignments.
Key Benefits of EMBA-Global Asia
- Peer exchange among high-caliber, experienced students will enhance the learning environment and stimulate classroom discussion and group work.
- Students will take their learning back to have an immediate and practicable impact on their organizations, demonstrating their leadership potential and accelerating their careers.
- The program will provide an unparalleled network, including alumni of the three schools, students from London and Columbia Business Schools’ other Executive MBA programs, and the numerous, well-known business practitioners who will visit the classroom.
“This new program will give students the opportunity to benefit from everything EMBA-Global offers - access to global networks, to world-renowned faculties, exceptional alumni networks and world business capitals -plus the stimulating and profoundly important markets of Hong Kong and Shanghai. It will be a truly unparalleled global business education, “says London Business School Dean Robin Buchanan. “We are delighted to be working with Columbia and HKU on this exciting initiative. London Business School’s strategic partnerships re-enforce our already powerful abilities to develop truly outstanding leaders capable of operating across the world.”
“With our partners at London Business School, Columbia is proud to bring EMBA-Global’s expertise and its unequalled learning experience to the region. The expansion of EMBA-Global to Asia furthers the Columbia Business School mission of bridging academic theory and real-world practice by connecting the world’s best business faculty with business leaders and students on a worldwide scale,” notes Glenn Hubbard, Russell L. Carson Professor of Finance and Economics and Dean of Columbia Business School. “With the rich talent pool of students from Asia, together with our faculty thought leadership and an unparalleled alumni network, EMBA-Global Asia will redefine management education and help shape tomorrow’s global marketplace.”
“EMBA-Global Asia sets a new global standard of excellence that powerfully unites the premier universities of the world’s three top business centers—New York, London, Hong Kong,” says Dean Gary C. Biddle, Faculty of Business and Economics, The University of Hong Kong. “Joining the top-ranked EMBA-Global program of London Business School and Columbia Business School with the prominence and Asian expertise of The University of Hong Kong is a combination that no other Executive MBA program can match. EMBA-Global Asia offers participants renowned faculty, cutting-edge East-West insights, and networking with prominent peers, business leaders, policy makers and the “who’s who” alumni of the top universities of their regions. EMBA-Global Asia is world-spanning, world-linking and world-leading.”