- "Pushing at the Door: My Father's Political Education, and Mine". In Seeking Palestine: New Palestinian Writing on Exile and Home, ed. Penny Johnson and Reja Shehadeh. Delhi, India (2012): Women Unlimited, pp. 43-61.
- Transnational Politics and Feminist Inquiries in the Middle East: An Interview with Professor Lila Abu-Lughod. Basuli Deb. Postcolonial Text. Vol 7, No 1 (2012).
- Ed., with A. Sa’di, Nakba: Palestine, 1948, and the Claims of Memory (New York: Columbia University Press, 2007)
- Foreword to R. Kanaaneh and I. Nuseir, eds., Displaced at Home: Ethnicity and Gender Among Palestinians in Israel (Albany: SUNY Press, 2010), ix-xiii
- ‘The Active Social Life of “Muslim Women’s Rights”: A Plea for Ethnography, not Polemic, with Cases from Egypt and Palestine,’ Journal of Middle East Women’s Studies, 6:1 (Winter 2010), 1-45.
- ‘Return to Half-Ruins: Memory, Postmemory, and Living History in Palestine,’ in L. Abu-Lughod and A. Sa’di, eds., Nakba: Palestine, 1948, and the Claims of Memory (New York: Columbia University Press, 2007), 77-103. Abridged and reprinted as ‘Return to Half-Ruins: Fathers and Daughters, Memory and History in Palestine,’ in M. Hirsch and N. Miller, eds., Rites of Return (New York: Columbia University Press, 2011)
- ‘About Politics, Palestine, and Friendship: A Letter to Edward from Egypt,’ Critical Inquiry 31:2 (Winter 2005), 381-88
- ‘The Adjacent Art of Documentary: A Palestinian Film Festival,’ American Anthropologist, 106:1 (March 2004), 150-1
- ‘Our Blood will Plant its Olive Tree,’ foreword to J. Varner Gunn, Second Life: A West Bank Memoir (University of Minnesota Press, 1995)
- Facts on the Ground: Archaeological Practice and Territorial Self-Fashioning in Israeli Society (University of Chicago Press, 2002)
- ‘Edward Said and the Political Present,’ American Ethnologist 2005, 32:4, 538-555
- ‘Producing (Arti)Facts: Archaeology and Power during the British Mandate of Palestine’, Israel Studies,7:2 (Summer 2002), 33-61.
- ‘Translating Truths: Nationalism, Archaeological Practice and the Remaking of Past and Present in Contemporary Jerusalem,’ American Ethnologist 25:2 (1998), 166-188.
- ‘Israel in the US Empire,’ in E. Boehmer and S. Morton, eds., Terror and the Postcolonial: A concise companion (Wiley-Blackwell, 2010)
- ‘Israel’s Colonial Siege and the Palestinians,’ Socialist Register 44 (2008), 101-120
- ‘Towards liberation: Michel Khleifi's Ma’loul and Canticle,’ in H. Dabashi, ed., Dreams of a Nation: Palestinian Cinema (London: Verso, 2006)
- Semites: Race, Religion, Literature (Stanford: Stanford University Press, 2008)
- The Jew, the Arab. A History of the Enemy (Stanford: Stanford University Press, 2002)
- Ed., Dreams of a Nation: Palestinian Cinema (London: Verso, 2006)
- ‘Paradise Delayed: With Hany Abu-Assad in Palestine,’ Third Text, Critical Perspective on Contemporary Art and Culture, Cinema in Muslim Societies, Special Issue, 102, 24:1 (January 2010)
- ‘In praise of frivolity: on the cinema of Elia Suleiman,’ in H. Dabashi, ed., Dreams of a Nation: Palestinian Cinema (London: Verso, 2006)
- ‘The Nakba at 60, Silence and the Limits of Commemorative Representation’ (forthcoming in edited volume)
- ‘The Israeli Prison as Palestinian University – Israeli Prisons, Palestinian Prisons’ in Bulletin of the Council for British Research in the Levant 2010 (forthcoming November 2010)
- ‘Terrorisme et justice de transition dans les territoires palestiniens occupés: des concepts mutuellement exclusifs?’ in International Studies Journal 24, 6:4 (Spring 2010), 135-70
- ‘1948 After Oslo. Memory, truth and reconciliation in Palestine,’ in S. Haugbolle and A. Hastrup, eds., The Politics of Violence, Truth and Reconciliation in the Arab Middle East (London: Routledge, 2008), 151-70
- Historicity and the nakba commemorations of 1998 (Florence, Italy: European University Institute Working Papers, 2005)
- ‘The “Quiet Deportation” Revisited. Family Unification in the Occupied Palestinian Territories,’ in Waiting for Justice: Al-Haq 25th Anniversary Report (Ramallah: al-Haq, 2005), 201-224
- with P. Lagerquist, ‘“Après Nous, Nous”: Covering the Colonial Retreat,’ Middle East Report online, 17 May 2005
- Birthing the Nation: Strategies of Palestinian Women in Israel. (Berkeley: University of California, 2002)
- Surrounded: Palestinian Soldiers in the Israeli Military. (Stanford, Stanford University Press, 2009)
- Ed. with Isis Nusair, Dsiplaced at Home: Ethnicity and Gender Among Palestinians in Israel. (Albany: SUNY, 2010)
- The Iron Cage: The Story of the Palestinian Struggle for Statehood (Boston: Beacon Press, 2006)
- Palestinian Identity: The Construction of Modern National Consciousness (New York: Columbia University Press, 1997)
- et al, ed., The Origins of Arab Nationalism (New York: Columbia University Press, 1991)
- Under Siege: P.L.O. Decision-making during the 1982 War (New York: Columbia University Press, 1985)
- and C. Mansour, eds., Palestine and the Gulf (Beirut: Institute for Palestine Studies, 1982)
- British Policy towards Syria and Palestine 1906-1914 (Oxford: Ithaca Press, 1980)
- ‘The Goldstone Report, Palestinian Dispossession, and the US Public Sphere’ in A. Horowitz, E. Ratner and P. Weiss, eds, The Goldstone Report: The Legacy of the Landmark Investigation of the Gaza Conflict (New York: Nation Books, forthcoming, 2010)
- ‘The Treatment of the Palestine Question in Anglo-American Works since 1948,’ Majallat al-Dirasat al-Filistiniyya, forthcoming 2010 [Arabic.]
- ‘The 1967 War and the Demise of Arab Nationalism: Chronicle of a Death Foretold’ in Wm. R. Louis and A. Shlaim, eds., The June 1967 War: Origins and Consequences. (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, forthcoming, 2010)
- ‘Three Reflections’ in M. Bayoumi, ed., Midnight on the Mavi Marmara: The Attack on the Gaza Freedom Flotilla and How it Changed the Course of the Israel/Palestine Conflict (New York: O/R Books, 2010), 95-101
- ‘Introduction to the 2010 edition,’ Palestinian Identity: The Construction of Modern National Consciousness (New York: Columbia University Press, 2010), xvii-xlii
- ‘La crise dans le système politique palestinien,’ Politique Etrangère, 3, 2009, 1-13
- ‘Palestine and the Middle East: From Vienna to Washington, 1815-2005,’ in C. Mansour and L. Fawaz, eds., Transformed Landscapes: Essays on Palestine and the Middle East in Honor of Walid Khalidi (Cairo: American University in Cairo Press, 2009), 299-316
- ‘Anti-Zionism, Arabism and Palestinian Identity: ‘Isa al-‘Isa and Filastin’ in S. Seikaly, ed., Configuring Identity in the Modern Arab East (Beirut: American University of Beirut Press, 2009), 83-96
- ‘Edward Said and Palestine: Balancing the Academic and the Political, the Public and the Private’ in M. Sokmen and B. Ertur, Waiting for the Barbarians: A Tribute to Edward Said (London: Verso, 2008), 44-52 [French: special number of Tumultes on Edward Said, Autumn, 2010]
- ‘Foreword’ in N. Hovsepian, The War on Lebanon: A Reader (Northampton, MA: Olive Branch, 2008), ix-xxiii.
- ‘Remembering Shafiq al-Hout,’ Journal of Palestine Studies 39:1 (Autumn 2009), 43-44
- ‘Remembering Mahmoud Darwish,’ Journal of Palestine Studies 38:1 (Autumn 2008), 74-77
- ‘The United States and Palestine,’ in A. Farouk-Alli, ed., The Future of Palestine and Israel: From Colonial Roots to Post-colonial Realities (Midrand, South Africa: Institute for Global Dialogue & Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, 2007), 272-298
- ‘International Law and Legitimacy and the Palestine Question,’, Hastings International and Comparative Law Review, 30:2 (Winter 2007), 173-180.
- ‘A Research Agenda for Writing the History of Jerusalem,’ in I. Nassar and S, Tamari, Pilgrims, Lepers & Stuffed Cabbage: Essays on Jerusalem’s Cultural History (Jerusalem: Institute of Jerusalem Studies, 2005), 12-27
- ‘After Arafat,’ London Review of Books 27:3 (3 February 2005), 16-18.
- ‘Israël-Palestine: d’Oslo à la guerre contre le terrorisme: Entretien avec Rashid Khalidi,’ Politique Etrangère, 4/2004 (Winter 2004-2005), 729-741
- ‘Concluding Remarks,’ in N. Méouchi and P. Sluglett, eds., The British and French Mandates in Comparative Perspective (Leiden: Brill, 2004), 695-704
- ‘Toward a Clear Palestinian Strategy,’ Journal of Palestine Studies 124, 31:4 (Summer 2002), 5-12. French version, “En finir avec la guerre contre les civils,” in La Pensée de Midi, 9 (Winter 2002-2003), 51-61.
- ‘Arab Society in Mandatory Palestine: The Half-Full Glass?’ in I. Gershoni, H. Erdem and Ursula Wokök, eds, Histories of the Modern Middle East: New Directions, (Boulder: Lynne Reiner, 2002), 229-246
- ‘The Palestinians and 1948: The Underlying Causes of Failure,’ in E.L. Rogan and A. Shlaim, eds., The War for Palestine: Rewriting the History of 1948 (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2001), 12-36
- ‘The Centrality of Jerusalem to an End of Conflict Agreement,’ Journal of Palestine Studies 30:3, 119 (Spring 2001), 82-87.
- ‘Intellectual Life in Late Ottoman Jerusalem,’ in S. Auld and Robert Hillenbrand, eds., Ottoman Jerusalem: The Living City, 1517-1917 (London and Jerusalem: British School of Archaeology and World of Islam Festival Trust, 2000), 221-228
- ‘The Future of Arab Jerusalem,’ in D. Hopwood, ed., Arab Nation, Arab Nationalism, Vol. 2 (Vol. 2, London: MacMillans/St. Antony’s College, 2000), 19-40
- ‘Edward W. Said and the American Public Sphere: Speaking Truth to Power’ in P. Bové, ed., Edward Said and the Work of the Critic: Speaking Truth to Power, 152-165 (Durham: Duke University Press, 2000). Earlier version in Boundary 2, 25:2 (Summer 1998), 161-178
- ‘Introduction’ in K. J. Asali, ed., Jerusalem In History, xi-xxxi (New York: Olive Branch Press, 3nd edition, 2000). Earlier version in ‘Foreword’ in Jerusalem In History (London: Kegan Paul International, rev. ed. 1997), x-xvi
- ‘Truth, Justice and Reconciliation: Elements of a Solution to the Palestinian Refugee issue,’ inG. Karmi and E. Cotran, eds., The Palestinian Exodus 1948-1998 (Reading: Ithaca Press, 1999), 221-242. Earlier versions in: International Journal (Canada), 53:2 (Spring, 1998), 234-252; Politica Exterior (Spain), 12:63 (Sept.-Oct. 1998), 97-116.
- ‘Transforming the Face of the Holy City: Political Messages in the Built Topography of Jerusalem,’ Jerusalem Quarterly File, part 1:3 (Winter 1999), 16-21; part 2:4 (Spring 1999), 21-29.
- ‘For a Shared Jerusalem’ in M. Akash and F. Moughrabi, eds., The Open Veins of Jerusalem (Arlington, MA: Jusoor Books, 1998), 173-179. Also in Jusoor: The Arab-American Journal of Cultural Exchange, 9/10 (June 1998), 45-54.
- ‘Fifty Years After 1948: a Universal Jubilee?’, Palestine-Israel Journal 5:2 (1998). Also in Tikkun, 13, 2 (March/April, 1998), 53-56. Modified version in N. Ateek, ed., Holy Land, Hollow Jubilee: God Justice and the Palestinians (London: Melisende, 1999), 89-96
- ‘The Formation of Palestinian Identity: The Critical Years, 1917-1923’ in J. Jankowski and I. Gershoni, eds., Rethinking Nationalism in the Arab Middle East (New York: Columbia University Press, 1997), 171-190
- ‘Contrasting Narratives of Palestinian Identity’ in P. Yaeger, ed., The Geography of Identity (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1996), 187-222
- American Policy in the Middle East. Public Lectures, no. 7 (Nablus: Center for Palestine Research and Studies, February 1996) 19 pp. [Arabic]
- ‘Prospects for Peace in the Middle East and the Continuing Palestinian-Israeli Conflict.’ Annals of the Japan Association for Middle East Studies, 10 (1995), 235-244
- ‘Roadblocks in the Bilateral Negotiations,’ al-Siyasa al-Filistiniyya [Palestinian Politics], 1-2 (Winter-Spring 1994), 30-39 [Arabic]
- ‘The Palestinian Refugee Question: Toward a Solution’ in Palestinian Refugees: Their Problem and Future. A Special Report (Washington DC: The Center for Policy Analysis on Palestine, October 1994), 21-27.
- ‘The Genesis of the Palestinian-Israeli Agreement,’ Current History, 93, 580 (February, 1994), 62-66.
- ‘Ottoman Notables in Jerusalem: Nationalism and other options,’ Muslim World 84:1-2 (January/April 1994), 1-18
- ‘The Future of Arab Jerusalem,’ British Journal of Middle East Studies, 19:2 (Fall, 1993), 133-143
- A Palestinian Appraisal of the Clinton Administration. Public Lectures, no. 5. (Nablus: Center for Palestine Research and Studies, August 1993), 31 pp. [Arabic]
- ‘A Response to Amos Oz, “The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: A Storyteller’s Point of View,”’ The Michigan Quarterly Review, 32:2 (Spring, 1993), 178-187.
- ‘Observations on the Right of Return,’ Journal of Palestine Studies 21:2 (Winter 1992), 29-40
- ‘Arab Nationalism: Historical Problems in the Literature,’ American Historical Review 96 (December 1991), 1363-73
- ‘Policy-Making in the Palestinian Polity’ in H. Saunders and J. Kipper, eds., The Middle East in Global Perspective (Boulder: Westview, 1991), 59-81
- ‘External Intervention in Lebanon: The Historical Dynamics’ in S. Seikaly, R. Baalbaki and P. Dodd, eds., Quest for Understanding: Arabic and Islamic Studies in Memory of Malcolm Kerr (Beirut: American University Press, 1991), 99-118
- ‘United States Policy and the Palestine Problem: Historical Dimensions and the Creation of an “Alternative Narrative”’ in M. G. Fry, ed., History, the White House and the Kremlin: Statesmen as Historians (London: Pinter, 1991), 20-37
- ‘The Palestinians and the Gulf Crisis.’ Current History 90, 552 (January 1991), 18-20, 37 [reprinted: M. L Sifry and C. Cerf, eds., The Gulf War Reader: History, Documents, Opinions (New York: Times Books, 1991), 423-430
- with Itamar Rabinovich, ‘Observations on the Palestinian Right of Return,’ Emerging Issues: Occasional Paper No. 6 (Cambridge: American Academy of Arts and Sciences, October 1990). Modified version in Journal of Palestine Studies, 21:2 (Winter 1992): 29-40.
- ‘The Resolutions of the 19th Palestine National Council: A Textual Analysis,’ Journal of Palestine Studies, 19:2 (Winter 1990), 29-42.
- ‘The P.L.O. as Representative of the Palestinian People’ in A. R. Norton and M. H. Greenerg, The International Relations of the Palestine Liberation Organization (Carbondale: Southern Illinois University Press, 1989), 59-73
- ‘Consequences of the Suez Crisis in the Arab World’ in R. Louis and R. Owen, eds., Suez 1956: The Crisis and its Consequences (Oxford: Clarendon Press. 1989), 377-92
- ‘The Way Forward: A Palestinian Perspective,’ Journal of Refugee Studies, 2:1 (1989), 191-99.
- ‘The Palestinian People 22 Years after 1967,’ in Z. Lockman and J. Beinin, eds., Intifada: The Palestinian Uprising Against Israeli Occupation (Boston: South End Press, 1989), 113-126
- ‘Leadership and Negotiation during the 1982 War: Yasser Arafat and the PLO’ in B. Kellerman and J. Rubin, eds., Leadership and Negotiation: A New Look at the Middle East (New York: Praeger, 1988), 49-69
- ‘Revisionist Views of the Modern History of Palestine: 1948,’ Arab Studies Quarterly 10: 4 (Autumn 1988), 425-34.
- ‘The Palestine Liberation Organization and Camp David, 1978-1988,’ in W.B. Quandt, ed., The Middle East: Ten Years After Camp David (Washington, DC: The Brookings Institution, 1988), 261-278
- ‘The Uprising and the Palestine Question,’ World Policy Journal 5:3 (Summer 1988), 497-517.
- ‘The Palestinians and Lebanon’ in H. Barakat, ed., Toward a Viable Lebanon (Washington DC: Georgetown University Center for Contemporary Arab Studies, 1988), 133-144
- ‘Palestinian Peasant Resistance to Zionism before World War I,’ in E. Said and C. Hitchens, eds., Blaming the Victims: Spurious Scholarship and the Palestinian Question (New York: Verso, 1988), 207-233
- ‘Le Liban et les Palestiniens,’ in B. Kodmani-Darwish, ed., Le Liban: Espoirs et Réalités (Paris: Institut Francais de Relations Internationales, 1987), 125-152
- ‘Palestinian Politics after the Exodus from Beirut,’ in R. O. Freedman, ed., The Middle East After the Israeli Invasion of Lebanon (Syracuse: Syracuse University Press, 1986), 233-253
- ‘The Palestinian Dilemma: PLO Policy after Lebanon,’ Journal of Palestine Studies, 15:1 (Autumn 1985), 88-103
- ‘Reagan Administration Policy towards the Palestinians,’ American-Arab Affairs 13 (Summer 1985), 10-16
- ‘Foreign Intervention and Domestic Conflict in Lebanon,’ Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars Working Paper, July 1985, 32 pp.
- ‘Lebanon in the Context of Regional Politics: Palestinian and Syrian Involvement in the Lebanese Crisis,’ Third World Quarterly 7:3 (July 1985), 495-514.
- ‘The Asad Regime and the Palestinian Resistance,’ Arab Studies Quarterly 6:4 (Fall 1984), 259-267.
- ‘The 1982 War and the Palestinian National Movement,’ Fikr 2 (June-July 1984), 26-36 [Arabic].
- ‘L'impact du mouvement national palestinien sur le Liban.’ Revue d'Etudes Palestiniennes 12 (Summer 1984), 3-14.
- ‘The Palestinians in Lebanon: The Social Repercussions of the Israeli Invasion,’ Middle East Journal 38:2 (Spring 1984), 255-266.
- ‘The Gulf and Palestine in Soviet Policy,’ in R. Khalidi and C. Mansour, eds., Palestine and the Gulf (Beirut: Institute for Palestine Studies, 1982), 149-185
- ‘The Role of the Press in the Early Arab Reaction to Zionism,’ Peuples Méditerranéens/Mediterranean Peoples 20 (July-September 1982), 105-24.
- Good Muslim, Bad Muslim: America, the Cold War and the Roots of Terror (New York: Pantheon, 2004)
- “The Politics of Culture Talk in the Contemporary War on Terror,” Indian Journal of Politics, 43:2 (June 2009)
- ‘Good Muslim, Bad Muslim: A Political Perspective on Culture and Terrorism,’ in E. Hershberg and K. W. Moore, eds., Critical Views of September 11: Analyses from Around the World (New York: The New Press, 2002)
- ‘Contemporary Political Terror: Its Origins in the Late Cold War,” Guild Practioner 62:1 (Winter 2005)
- ‘Culture Talk: Six Debates That Shape the Discourse on ‘Good’ Muslims,’ American Journal of Islamic Social Sciences, 22:3 (Summer 2005)
- ‘The Secular Roots of Radical Political Islam,’ Turkish Policy Quarterly, 4:2 (Summer 2005)
- ‘Good Muslim, Bad Muslim: America, The Cold War and the Origins of Terror,’ India International Centre Quarterly, 32:1 (Summer 2005)
- ‘Good Muslim, Bad Muslim: Post-Apartheid Perspectives on America and Israel,’ 2003 APLA Distinguished Lecture, Political and Legal Anthropology Review, 27:1 (2004)
- With Gyan Prakash and Ella Shohat, ‘Introduction: Palestine in a Transnational Context,’ Social Text 75, 21:2, Summer 2003, 1-5
- Year of the Locust: A Soldier’s Diary and the Erasure of Palestine’s Ottoman Past (forthcoming, University of California Press, 2011)
- Ihsan's War: The Intimate Life of an Ottoman Soldier (Beirut: Institute for Palestine Studies, 2008)
- The Mountain Against the Sea (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2008)
- and I. Nassar, eds., Biography and Social History of Bilad al Sham (Beirut: Institute for Palestine Studies, 2007)
- and I. Nassar, eds., Pilgrims, Lepers, and Stuffed Cabbage: Essays on Jerusalem's Cultural History (Al-Bireh: Institute of Jerusalem Studies, 2005)
- ed., Essays on the Cultural History of Ottoman and Mandate Jerusalem (Al-Bireh: Institute of Jerusalem Studies, 2005)
- and E. Zureik, Reinterpreting the Historical Record. The uses of refugee archives for social science research and policy analysis (Jerusalem: Institute of Jerusalem Studies, 2001)
- ed., Jerusalem 1948. The Arab neighbourhoods and their fate in the war (Jerusalem: Institute of Jerusalem Studies, 1999)
- Palestinian Refugee Negotiations: From Madrid to Oslo II (Washington, DC: Institute for Palestine Studies, 1996)
- ‘Kissing Cousins. A Cautionary Note on People-to-People Projects,’ Palestine-Israel Journal 12/13:4/1 (2005), 16-18
- ‘A Miserable Year in Brooklyn. Khalil Sakakini in America 1907-08,’ Jerusalem Quarterly File 17 (February 2003), 19-40
- ‘Bourgeois Nostalgia and the Abandoned City,’ in Comparative Studies of South Asia, Africa and the Middle East, 23c:1&2 (2003)
- ‘Qui dirige la Palestine?’, Revue d’Etudes Palestinennes 85 (Autumn 2002), 77-86
- and Elia Zureik, ‘Les archives de l’UNRWA,’ in F. Mardam-Bey and E. Sanbar, eds., Le Droit au Retour: Le Problème des Réfugies Palestiniens (Paris, 2002)
- ‘The Local and the National in Palestinian national identity,’ in K. Abdel-Malek and D. C. Jacobson, eds., Israeli and Palestinian Identities in History and Literature (London: Macmillan, 1999)
- ‘Palestinian Refugees and the Palestinian-Israeli negotiations,’ Journal of Palestine Studies, 29:1 (Autumn 1999), 81-98
- ‘Political Negotiations on the Palestinian Refugee Question: Interview with Salim Tamari,’ Middle East Report 2001 (Fall 1996)
- ‘Fading Flags: the crises of Palestinian legitimacy,’ Middle East Report 194, 1995
- ‘An interview with Salim Tamari,’ Middle East Report 24:1, 186 (1994)
- ‘Problems of Social Science Research in Palestine,’ Current Sociology 42:2 (1994), 69-86
- ‘The Palestinian Movement in Transition: Historical Reversals and the Uprising,’ Journal of Palestine Studies, 20:2 (1991), 57-70
- ‘Revolt of the Petite Bourgeoisie: Urban Merchants and the Palestinian uprising,’ in M. Hudson, ed., The Palestinians: New Directions (Washington, D.C.: Georgetown University Center for Contemporary Arab Studies, 1990)
- ‘What the Uprising Means,’ Middle East Report 18:3 (1988), 24-30
Joseph L. Buttenwieser Professor of Social Science, Anthropology and Institute for Research on Women and Gender
Nadia Abu el-Haj
Associate Professor of Anthropology, Barnard College
Assistant Professor of English, Barnard College
Associate Professor, Religion and MESAAS
Hagop Kevorkian Professor of Iranian Studies and Comparative Literature
Thomas JW Hill
Postdoctoral Fellow, Committee on Global Thought/Lecturer, History
Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology
Edward Said Professor of Arab Studies, History and MESAAS
Herbert Lehman Professor of Government and Professor of Anthropology
Visiting Professor, Middle East Institute