The following is a list of placements that may be available to Columbia students.
To learn about which establishment currently has open opportunities,
please use the contact information provided.
- Altro Health & Rehabilitation Services, 3600 Jerome Avenue, Bronx
- Beth Israel Methadone Maintenance Treatment Program, Broadway at 113th Street
- Center for Bulimia and Related Disorders (eating disorders), 8 Gramercy Park South
- Center for Childhood Services, 260 W. 86 Street
- Center for Cognitive Therapy, 120 E. 34 Street
- Center for Comprehensive Health Practice, Addictive Unit, 1900 2nd Avenue
- Center for Infants & Parents, Teachers College
- Children's Advocacy Clinic—Morningside Legal Service, 1127 Amsterdam Avenue
- Columbia University Community Services—disturbed homeless, 635 West 115 Street
- Goddard Riverside Community Center—terrific senior residence, 539 Columbus Avenue
- Gracie Square Hospital, Eating Disorders Program, 420 E. 76 Street
- Greer Woody Crest Children's Service (childhood disorders), 100 Park Avenue
- HIV—Center for Clinical & Behavioral Studies, 722 W. 168 Street
- Clara Haigmere, 740-7324 work with gay adolescent runaways as part of AIDS prevention
- Hudson Guild IHAD Program—dynamic program for homeless, 441 W. 26 Street
- Jewish Guild for the Blind, 15 W. 65 Street
- Jewish Home for the Aged—excellent training with elderly, 120 W. 106 Street
- Lower East. Side Service Center—excellent program for substance abuse, 46 E. Broadway
- Northside Center for Child Development—psychoanalytically oriented nursery, 1301 Fifth Avenue
- Phoenix House (substance abuse), 164 W. 74 Street
- NYU Specialty Programs in Psychology/Rehabilitation Medicine Biofeedback Chronic Pain), Dr. Laurence Ince, 750-6834
- Sex Therapy, Martha Nordt, 750-6920
- Alternative Communication, Dr. Jim Crawford 750-6835
- Alcohol Consultation, 750-6831
- Smithers Center Rehabilitation Unit (substance abuse), 56 E. 93 Street
- Hazelden NY Presbyterian Adolescent Trauma Study, E. 68 Street 821-0776
- East 18 Street, 420-9522 Residential and out patient substance abuse treatment , recovery, research and training.
Updates: if an opportunity is no longer available, send email to and it will be removed from the list.