THE KINGSMEN OF COLUMBIA COLLEGE
ARTICLE I - Name and Purpose
The name of this organization shall be The Kingsmen of Columbia College. The purpose of this men's a cappella group are many:
- To perpetuate the songs of Columbia College as traditions and entertainment
- To host free concerts each semester for the student body.
- To be available as entertainment for events throughout New York City.
- To travel to other colleges to represent Columbia College.
ARTICLE II -Membership
- The active membership shall consist of seven to ten men.
- Auditions will be held at the beginning of each semester based on the discretion of the officers.
- All proposed candidates must pass a voice audition held by the active and probationary members in order to be eligible for further consideration at the callbacks. usher
- A 3/4 majority vote of the entire active membership will be necessary for acceptance of proposed candidates into probationary status. (Each member shall be on probationary status during their first two semesters in the group.)
- Active and probationary memberships are conditional on perfect attendance at all regular meetings and scheduled performances of the organization, duty announced and called by the officers. Excused absences may be considered at the discretion of the officers.
ARTICLE III - Officers
A. Two officers for the following academic year shall be elected at the close of each regular academic year by a 3/4 majority of the entire active membership. These positions shall be a Musical Director and a Business Manager.
B. The duties of the Musical Director shall be to actively conduct al rehearsals of the group, be responsible for all the necessary song arrangements, and to determine set lists. As well, he shall be responsible for photocopying music and for maintaining the Kingmen song archives.
C. The duties of the Business Manager shall be to represent the organization in all arrangements and commitments for performances and entertainment, both on and outside of the campus of Columbia University. As well, the Business Manager shall be responsible for all financial aspects of Kingmen. Furthermore, he shall be responsible for filing items of historical interest to the Kingsmen and for maintaining publications with the Kingsmen Alumni.
D. Together, the Musical Director and the Business manager shall form the Executive Committee of the Kingsmen. This branch shall be responsible for making executive decisions and for nominating exemplary Kingmen for the King's Crown Awards.
- Rehearsals shall be held every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday from ten o'clock in the evening until midnight.
- Additional meetings and rehearsals can be scheduled as determined by the Executive Committee.
- Meetings shall include performances in the New York area and throughout the east Coast. All performances are mandatory.
- At least once each semester, the Kingmen shall sponsor a concert on campus that is free and open to the public.
ARTICLE V - Amendments
- All policy decisions affecting the group activities shall be reserved within the active members.
- This constitution may be amended by a 3/4 majority vote of the entire active membership.
Back to Groups