Women's History Month
Article I: NAME OF ORGANIZATION
Women's History Month, hereby referred to as WHM.
Article II: OBJECTIVE/ PURPOSE
The purpose of this organization shall be to spread of awareness of women's achievements and women's issues through a series of speakers, programs, panel discussions, films, artistic exhibits, performances and issue forums to be held in the month of March.
Article III: MEMBERSHIP
Section 1. Eligibility
All students enrolled at Columbia University shall be eligible for membership.
Article IV: OFFICERS
Section 1. Method of Elections
In April of each year, two coordinators and a treasurer will be chosen, by con census, to facilitate WHM, for the upcoming year. Officers will be chosen from active members of WHM.
Section 2. Duties of Officers
A. Two coordinators shall facilitate the preparation for WHM
1. Coordinators preside over all WHM meetings
2. Coordinators meet bi-weekly with treasurer to discuss preparation for WHM
3. Coordinators meet with advisor to finalize calendar
B. One treasurer shall fulfill all duties concerning funding and budget for WHM
1. Treasurer presides over all WHM meetings
2. Treasurer meets bi-weekly with coordinators to discuss preparation for WHM
3. Treasurer maintains on paper a record of all transactions regarding the use of WHM's funds
Section 3. Terms of Office
Each officer will serve one full academic year. Officers may remain in office for a maximum of two consecutive years.
Article V: COMMITTEES
Members will join committees of interest. These will include: Speaker Committee, Publicity and Awareness Committee, Calendar Committee, Intergroup Liaison, and General Programming Committee. Potential speakers will be screened by a speaker committee. Committee meetings will be held outside of the regularly scheduled administrative meetings.
Article VI: MEETINGS
Section 1. Regular Meetings
Fall semester, members will meet every two weeks to discuss preliminary plans for Women's History Month in March.
Spring semester, members will meet every week, and as necessary to solidify plans and concretize calendar.
All major decisions for WHM will be made by concensus, during the regular meetings.
Section 2. Special Meetings
In April, a meeting will be held to evaluate the programming for WHM. Recommendations will be made for the upcoming year, and officers for the upcoming year will be chosen (Article V, Section 3).
Article VII: QUORUM
A quorum consists of one more than half the total active membership.
Article VIII: AMENDMENTS
Section 1. Procedure for Amendment:
1. Amendments are submitted in writing to the officers of WHM
2. Amendments proposals will be read at two regular meetings before a vote is taken
3. All active members may vote on the proposed amendment
4. Decisions on proposed amendments will be made by concensus
Section 2. Ratification
Ratification of an amendment requires the approval of Student Council before it becomes official.