Villard Professor of German and
312 Hamilton Hall
(212) 851-5411, FAX: 851-5381
Professor Huyssen is an editor of New German Critique and author of books on Romanticism and the Sturm und Drang.
Recent Course Offerings in Theatre:
- The Politics of Dramatic Form. Three canonical figures of 20th-century European drama: Brecht, Beckett, and M�ller. The politics of dramatic form explored in terms of a text/performance dialectic as well as in close consideration of historical context. Other plays, 20th-century European.
- Drama des Sturm und Drang: Kommentar zu einer Epoche, Munich: Winkler, 1980.
- Co-editor, Postmoderne: Zeichen kulturellen Wandels,
- Editor, with Teresa deLauretis and Kathleen Woodward, The Technological Imagination: Theories and Fictions, Theories of Contemporary Culture. Series No: 3, Madison, WI: Coda, 1980. 1980
- After the Great Divide: Modernism, Mass Culture, Postmodernism, Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1986
- Editor, with David Bathrick, Modernity and the Text: Revisions of German Modernism, New York: Columbia University Press, 1989
- Twilight Memories: Marking Time in a Culture of Amnesia, New York: Routledge, 1995