CU Home Academic Administration Home
Teaching Award Winners
About Columbia © Columbia University
- Suzanne Bakken
- Alumni Professor of the School of Nursing and Professor of Biomedical Informatics
- School of Nursing and Department of Biomedical Informatics
She works tirelessly to integrate biomedical informatics into our nursing curriculum and to prepare our students to engage in safe, evidence-based nursing.
- Amanda Claybaugh
- Assistant Professor of English and Comparative Literature
- Department of English and Comparative Literature
With skill and intellectual generosity, she teaches her students to read works of literature critically, to reason analytically, and to write clearly.
- E. Tory Higgins
- Stanley Schachter Professor of Psychology
- Department of Psychology
A distinguished scholar of social psychology, he has also exercised a formative influence over his students and has helped to shape our programs through his curricular innovations.
- Patricia O'Toole
- Lecturer in Writing in the School of the Arts
- School of the Arts
The mainstay of our nonfiction writing program, she engages her students in the act of discovery while giving them the grounding in research methods they need to succeed.
- P. Michael Tuts
- Professor of Physics
- Department of Physics
He skillfully trains graduate students for careers in elementary particle physics while introducing undergraduates to the excitement of his discipline.
Prior Winners | Return to Teaching Awards Home Page