Finance, Operations, and IT
Instructions for Closing FY10
Honoraria Reimbursements – Deadline 6/1/2010
PROCESSING THROUGH FFE:
1. Choose Expenditure/Revenue Correction from the Journal Entry Type menu.
2. Select your department.
3. Type “[your department] honoraria” in the description field. (Keep in mind this field has a 20 character maximum.)
4. In the field “DR account” use the department’s assigned 387 account, 2-387xx-xxxx (subcode used should be the same as for the original charge).
5. In the field “Description/Memo” type in the description used in FAS for original charge. An additional screen will appear at the end of this field requesting more detailed information.
6. In the Additional Required Information box, found at the end of the “Description” field, type “Reimbursement for honoraria expenses as per special agreement with Arts and Sciences.” If only transferring a partial expenditure (in order to keep within the allocation given by Arts and Sciences), add “Partial transfer of total expenditure in the amount of $______ since balance exceeds allocation given.”
7. Batch Reference, Ref2 Num, Statement Date, Amount and CR Account should be completed appropriately based on the information found on the FAS statement. Total amount of journal entry should not exceed the honoraria allowance. All honoraria expenses should be processed in the same journal entry batch.
8. When the journal entry has been completed, it should be released to our office by the Department Administrator or Business Manager. Journal entries that are released by anyone else will be rejected by our office. Please note: Once the journal entry has been released, you will no longer be able to make any corrections to it.
Documentation to be sent to Arts and Sciences:Simply provide a memo documenting the expenses and referencing the FFE batch ID for the reimbursement. It is not necessary to send FAS copies to our office.