Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the Symposium being held?
- What are the phone number and fax number of the hotel?
- Is the hotel and function space handicap accessible?
- Is there internet access in the hotel?
- Will food be provided during the Symposium?
- Is photography allowed during the Symposium?
- Are cell phones/PDAs allowed at the Symposium?
- What are the Symposium Registration Desk hours?
- Where is the cocktail reception being held?
- Will there be a Q&A portion during the Symposium?
- What time are the hours of the hotel business center?
- Is smoking permitted on the premises?
- May I bring a guest to the Symposium?
- Can I record the presentations?
- Will copies of any presentations be available for attendees?
- Can I receive a special Columbia rate at the Langham Hotel as a registered Symposium attendee?
- How far is the domestic and international airport from the hotel? Can I arrange transportation through the hotel?
- What are the Check-in/Check-out hours of the hotel?
- What events/activities are there to do in the area?
- Where is the American consulate located?
- Where is the nearest hospital?
The Symposium is being held at The Langham Hotel, located at 8 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui in Kowloon, Hong Kong. The event will take place on the second floor of the hotel, in the Grand Ballroom.
The Langham's phone number is +852 2375 1133. Their fax number is +852 2375 6611.
The hotel is handicap accessible throughout all of its function space.
There is wireless and wired internet access in the guest rooms. Wireless is also available in all public areas, but it is not complimentary unless included in a guest's room package.
You may take photos but flash photography is not permitted.
As a courtesy to your fellow attendees and speakers, we ask that you please put your device on silent. If you receive or need to make a phone call, please step outside of the meeting room to do so.
The Registration Desk will open at 11:00 AM. Name tags will be provided.
The cocktail reception will take place in the Palm Court on the 1st floor, beginning at 5:00 PM. We ask registered attendees to continue to wear name tags during the reception.
There will be a Q&A session after each panel discussion.
A fully equipped state-of-the-art Business Centre is located on the ground floor next to the hotel reception with extensive facilities.
Smoking is permitted only in smoking rooms and in designated outdoor areas. Otherwise, smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas of the hotel.
Your guest must have pre-registered for the Symposium in order to attend. We cannot guarantee that there will be seats available the day of the Symposium.
You must be a registered member of the media in order to conduct any type of recording during the Symposium. Please contact our Publications and Public Relations Coordinator, Daniel Rivero at +1 (212) 854-1735 or email@example.com if you wish to register.
If speakers give permission to make their presentations available to the attendees, then their presentations will be posted on the WEAI website.
A special rate is available for guests of the event. Please contact Mike Fu at +1 (212) 854-6916 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The hotel is located approximately 40 minutes from Hong Kong International Airport, and is a five minute walk to Tsimshatsui Mass Transit Railway (MTR) Station with connections to all major urban areas, the airport and mainland China.
Guests may arrive at the hotel from airport via taxi or MTR. The travel time varies depending on the mode of transport. Shuttle service is available for hotel guests.
Check-in is at 3 PM. and check-out is at 11 AM.
• Kowloon Park
• Harbour City Shopping Centre (Over 700 shops)
• Avenue of Stars
• Hong Kong Culture Centre
More information can be found here: http://hongkong.langhamhotels.com/locate/hotels_city_guide.htm
The consulate is located at 26 Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong. Please click here for detailed directions.
The nearest hospital is Kwong Wah Hospital, located at 25 Waterloo Road, Hong Kong. A map of the facility location can be found here.