SIPA Department Research Assistantship
(at the Weatherhead East Asian Institute)
Provides a tuition credit of $7,100 per semester, and a salary of $2,400 per semester. Students are required to work 15 hours per week with Institute faculty and staff on projects as assigned. Preference is given to continuing students with a strong interest in East Asia, East Asian language ability, and proven organizational skills.
- Provides academic year support
- $16,200 tuition credit for the academic year
- $4,800 in salary for the academic year
- SIPA students only
- Availability to work 15 hours per week at WEAI
- Enroll for at least 12 points per semester
- 1 award with WEAI per academic year
- Selection criteria include
- Academic excellence
- Proven organizational skills
- Interest in East Asia and East Asian language ability
- Duties include
- Planning and organizing East Asia related student events
- Managing APAC, a WEAI-affiliated student group
- Assisting WEAI faculty and staff with work as needed
- Must apply directly to SIPA
- SIPA applications and instructions available online here
- Assistant Dean Caroline Kay is the contact person for questions about the SIPA application.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For general information on fellowships and grants and to apply, click here.