This session will provide:
- A history of human subjects protection and the ethical principles that guide human subjects research;
- An overview of the federal regulations for the protection of human subjects in research;
- Criteria for IRB review;
- Tips for submitting complete and understandable new protocols, modifications, renewals and adverse event reports;
- Tips for obtaining IRB approval more quickly;
- The RASCAL system;
- The IRB review process.
Who should attend?
- Research personnel who have not attended the IRB 101 series in the past;
- Individuals new to the research environment;
- Research personnel new to Columbia;
- All those who wish to gain a historical perspective and learn the ethical and regulatory guidelines for Human Subjects Research.
Beverages and a light lunch will be provided.