The C-Kermit 6.0 CDROM
C-Kermit 6.0.192 is now available on an ISO-9660-format CDROM that includes:
It's the complete C-Kermit 6.0.192 archive, about 200 megabytes worth, as
an ISO 9660 Level 1, Mode 1, Single Session CDROM that should be readable on
any computer that supports industry standard CDROM formats. All filenames are
within the DOS 8.3 restrictions required by ISO 9660. All file and directory
names are uppercase with only A-Z, 0-9, and underscore, and no dots appear in
directory names, also as required by ISO 9660. And directories are never
nested more than 8 levels deep.
- All the C-Kermit source code for UNIX, VMS, AOS/VS, VOS, OS-9, QNX, BeOS,
Amiga, Atari, and Macintosh.
- All the associated text files: initialization files, scripts, hints and
tips files, UNIX man page, VMS Help topic, platform-specific installation
instructions, program logic manual, program edit history, and so on.
- Individual C-Kermit binaries for hundreds of different platforms -- all
the binaries found at our ftp site as of 17 May 1997.
- C-Kermit install packages for Debian, Slackware, and Red Hat Linux, as well
as for AIX.
The CDROM has an HTML front end; pop it into your CDROM drive, click on the
INDEX.HTM file, and navigate through it with your Web browser. It has been
tested successfully on UNIX, Windows, OS/2, and Macintosh workstations with
their Web browsers. For computers that don't have Web browsers, files are
divided logically into directories, with a plain-text AAREADME.TXT file that
explains what and where everything is. All source-code and other text files
are included in all three popular formats (CRLF, LF, CR).
The C-Kermit CDROM comes with the new Second Edition of Using
C-Kermit (1997). There are three ordering options:
1. If you don't have "Using C-Kermit" already: $60.00
2. If you have the first edition of "Using C-Kermit": $55.00
3. If you have the second edition of "Using C-Kermit": $15.00
Plus shipping. Options 2 and 3 require proof of purchase. To order, use
our order form:
Or include the C-Kermit CDROM with your Kermit 95 order:
BACK TO KERMIT HOME PAGE
BACK TO C-KERMIT PAGE
C-Kermit 6.0 / Columbia University / email@example.com / 8 August 1997