Kermit Software - FTP Access
The Kermit files on kermit.columbia.edu are organized into the subdirectories
listed below. Each subdirectory a-f contains files whose names begin with the
letters "aa", which give more information about the file organization and
naming conventions; for example
which lists Kermit versions alphabetically by "system". Each subdirectory
also contains a .readme
and/or READ.ME file that gives a brief overview of
the directory. The subdirectories are:
CLICK HERE if you have trouble with ftp.
- MS-DOS & Windows Kermit, Apple II Kermit, CP/M-80 Kermit.
- C-Kermit source code for UNIX, VMS, OS/2, Macintosh, AOS/VS, OS-9,
Aegis, Amiga, Atari ST, Stratus VOS.
- IBM mainframe Kermit; PDP-11 Kermit; VMS Kermit-32 (obsolete).
- Kermit programs for other micros, PCs, and workstations.
- Kermit programs for other minis and mainframes.
- Kermit digest archives, general docs, tape utilities, etc.
- Binaries (use binary mode).
- Kermit script library (text mode)
- Compressed tar archives, ZIP files, BACKUP savesets, etc.
- VMS "hexified" (text-mode) binaries.
- Development and Beta-test versions.
- Character-set tables and information (contains 8-bit text).
- For uploading Kermit material (open by appointment).
Kermit Software - How to get it / Columbia University / email@example.com