Jump to Navigation

Morningside Heights Campus

Low Memorial Library

Low Memorial Library

Celebrated as an example of purely classical architecture, Low Memorial Library was completed in 1897 and served as the main library until 1934. Today this landmark building functions as the administrative center of the University and houses the offices of the President and the Provost. One of the most impressive features of Low is its rotunda topped by the largest all-granite dome in the country. The rotunda, originally the Library's main reading room, is now used for exhibitions and major University events.

Low also serves as the headquarters of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, which offers M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in more than 26 disciplines and in 28 interdepartmental and interschool programs.