Welcome to Ton Dieker's Homepage
I'm an Associate Professor in the IEOR department at Columbia University. I am affiliated with the Data Science Institute.
I work on a variety of topics in the general areas of applied probability and operations research. My expertise includes:
- Design and performance of service systems.
- Design and analysis of algorithms, such as stochastic simulation algorithms.
- Ben Cousins (postdoc, with Alex Andoni)
Former group members
- Guido Lagos Barrios (PhD student)
- Richard Birge (PhD student)
- Tonghoon Suk (PhD student)
- Xuefeng Gao (PhD student, with Jim Dai)
- Jinwoo Shin (postdoc, with Prasad Tetali)
Ton Dieker is Associate Professor of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research at Columbia University, and a member of Columbia’s Data Science Institute. He received an M.Sc. from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (2002) and a Ph.D. from University of Amsterdam (2006). Prior to joining Columbia, he was the Fouts Family Associate Professor at Georgia Tech. Honors and awards include the Goldstine Fellowship from IBM Research, the Erlang Prize from the INFORMS Applied Probability Society, and a PECASE Award from the White House. He serves/has served on the editorial board of several journals in Operations Research and Applied Probability.
An outdated version of my CV is available here.