Published and Forthcoming
- "Advertising Effects in Presidential Elections," Marketing Science, 2013, 32(1), 19-35, with Wesley Hartmann. (Lead article)
- "Does price elasticity vary with economic growth? A cross-category analysis," Journal of Marketing Research, 2013, 50(1), 4-23, with Avi Goldfarb and Yang Li. (Lead article) (SAS and Stata code for each category)
- "Marketing and Politics: Models, Behavior, and Policy Implications," Marketing Letters, 2012, 23(2), 391-403, with Mitch Lovett, Ron Shachar, Kevin Arceneaux, Sridhar Moorthy, Michael Peress, Akshay Rao, Subrata Sen, David Soberman, and Oleg Urminsky.
- "Does AMD spur Intel to innovate more?" Journal of Political Economy, 2011, 119(6), 1141-1200, with Ron Goettler.
- "Revisiting the Workshop on Quantitative Marketing and Structural Econometrics," Marketing Science (invited paper), 2011, 30(6), 945-949, with R. Thomadsen, E. T. Bradlow, J. P. Dube, and R. Staelin.
- "Competitive Strategy for Open Source Software," Marketing Science, 2011, 30(6), 1066-1078, with Vineet Kumar and Kannan Srinivasan.
- "A New Approach to Estimating the Production Function for Housing," American Economic Review, 2010, 100(3), 905-924, with Dennis Epple and Holger Sieg. Download data & code
- "Drs. Muth and Mills meet Dr. Tiebout: Integrating Location-Specific Amenities into Multi-Community Equilibrium Models," Journal of Regional Science, 2010, 50(1), 381-400, with Dennis Epple and Holger Sieg.
- "A Dynamic Model of Consumer Replacement Cycles in the PC Processor Industry," Marketing Science, 2009, 28(5), 846-867.
· Winner, John D. C. Little Award, 2009
· Finalist, Frank M. Bass Dissertation Award, 2009
- "Measuring Long-Run Marketing Effects and Their Implications for Long-Run Marketing Decision," Marketing Letters, 2008, December, 19(3-4), 367-382, with P. Albuquerque, B. Bronnenberg, J. P. Dube, T. Erdem, D. Hanssens, G. Hitsch, H. Hong, C. Mela, and B. Sun.
Works in Progress
- "The Effects of Smoking Bans on Cigarette Purchases," with J. P. Dube and Chris Kim.
- "Do Smoking Bans Affect Restaurant and Bar Revenues? Establishment-Level Evidence from Texas."
- "Flash Sales," with Scott Shriver and Yena Kim.
- "Firm Learning and Equilibrium Selection: An Application to Retail Price Competition in the Milk Category," with Ron Borkovsky.