Cevat Erisken, Ph.D.
Columbia University in the City of New York, Biomedical Engineering
A. PEER-REVIEWED JOURNALS
8. Erisken C, Zhang X, Moffat KL, Levine WN, Lu H.H. Effect of scaffold fiber diameter on human tendon fibroblast response, Tissue Engineering Part A, under review.
7. Zhang X, Bogdanowicz D, Erisken C, Lee NM, and Lu HH. Biomimetic scaffold design for functional and integrative tendon repair. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, 2012, 21, 266-277.
6. Erisken C, Kalyon D, Wang H, Ornek C, Xu J. Osteochondral tissue formation through adipose-derived stromal cell differentiation on biomimetic polycaprolactone nanofibrous scaffolds with graded insulin and β-glycerophosphate concentrations, Tissue Engineering Part A, 2011, 17(9-10): 1239-1252. (PDF)
5. Erisken C, Kalyon D, Wang H. Viscoelastic and biomechanical properties of osteochondral tissue constructs generated from graded polycaprolactone and β-tricalcium phosphate composites. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 2010, 132(9):091013. (PDF)
4. Erisken C, Kalyon D, Wang H. Functionally graded electrospun polycaprolactone and beta-tricalcium phosphate nanocomposites for tissue engineering applications. Biomaterials 2008, 29: 4065-4073. (PDF)
3. Erisken C, Kalyon D, Wang H. A hybrid twin screw extrusion/electrospinning method to process nanoparticle-incorporated electrospun nanofibers. Nanotechnology 2008, 19: 165302. (PDF)
2. Erisken C, Göçmez A, Yilmazer U, Pekel F, Özkar S. Modeling and Rheology of HTPB Based Composite Solid-Propellants. Polymer Composites 1998, 19: 463-472. (PDF)
1. Göçmez A, Erisken C, Yilmazer U, Pekel F, Özkar S. Mechanical and Burning Properties of Highly Loaded Composite Propellants. Journal of Applied Polymer Science 1998, 67: 1457-1464. (PDF)
4. Erisken C, Zhang X, Villain A, Lu H.H. Modeling protein release from nanofiber-based delivery systems, in preparation.
3. Erisken C, Zhang X, Lu H.H. Controlled release of TGF-β3 from nanofibers and its potential for tendon-bone interface tissue engineering applications, in preparation.
2. Subramony S, Delos D, Weber A, Erisken C, Boushell, MK, Zhou B, Guo XE, Deng X, Rodeo SA, Lu HH. In-vivo evaluation of mechanoactive scaffold for integrative articular cruciate ligament reconstruction, in preparation.
1. Erisken C, Zhan X, Lee N, Lu H.H. The combined effect of scaffold fiber diameter and fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) on human bone marrow stromal cells differentiation, in preparation.
B. BOOK CHAPTERS
1. Subramony S, Erisken C, Chuang P, Lu HL. Nanofiber-based integrative repair of soft tissue-to-bone interfaces, in “Nanotechnology in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine”, Ed. Ketul Popat, CRC Press: Boca Raton, FL, 2010.
C. CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS, PRESENTATIONS AND INVITED LECTURES
22. Kalyon D, Ergun-Butros A, Ozkan S, Erisken C. Extrusion based processes for fabrication of bioresorbable scaffolds for tissue engineering applications, Proceedings of Polymer Processing Society, May 2012: 268-269.
21. D. M. Kalyon, A. Ergun, S. Ozkan, C. Erisken, E. Elgin, H. Gevgilili, X. Yu, H. Wang, A. Ritter and A. Valdevit. Novel methods of fabrication of scaffolds for tissue engineering, NY Academy of Sciences, Chemical Engineering Approaches to Challenges in Energy and Biomedicine Meeting, March 30, 2012, New York, NY.
20. Erisken C. Nanofiber-based biomaterials as grafts and controlled delivery systems for the engineering of connective tissue to bone transitions, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, February 23, 2012. (Invited Lecture)
19. Erisken C. Graded biomaterials for engineering tissue-tissue interfaces, Department of Biological Sciences, Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey, February 15, 2012. (Invited Lecture)
18. Erisken C. Nanofiber scaffolds for complex tissue engineering: applications for tissue-tissue interfaces, Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University, New York City, NY, October 2011. (Invited Lecture)
17. Erisken C, Zhang X, Villain A, Lee, NM, Lu HH. Modeling the release of bioactive molecules from nanofiber meshes, Biomedical Engineering Society Annual Meeting, 2011, Hartford, Connecticut.
16. Kalyon DM, Ergun A, Ozkan S, Erisken C. Novel graded scaffolds, methods of fabrication and applications for bone tissue engineering, ACS Meeting Macromex 2011, Cancun, Mexico.
15. Erisken C. Composite fibrous matrices for complex tissue engineering, Department of Biomaterials and Biomimetics, New York University, New York City, NY, March 2011. (Invited Lecture)
14. Erisken C. Electrospinning: process, modeling and applications, Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University, New York City, NY, March 2011. (Invited Lecture)
13. Erisken C, Zhang X, Lu HH. Controlled Release of TGF-b3 from nanofibers, its stability and bioactivity against chondrocytes, Transactions of the 57th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, 2011, Long Beach, California.
12. Erisken C, Zhang X, Moffat KL, Levine WN, Lu HH. Scaffold fiber diameter modulates human tendon fibroblast growth and differentiation, Transactions of the 57th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, 2011, Long Beach, California.
11. Subramony S, Delos D, Weber A, Erisken C, Boushell M, Zhou B, Guo XE, Deng X, Rodeo S and Lu HH; “In vivo evaluation of a mechanoactive nanofiber scaffold for integrative ACL reconstruction”, Transactions of the 57th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, 2011, Long Beach, California.
10. Erisken C. Fabrication of functional composite scaffolds for tissue engineering, College of Dental Medicine, Columbia University, New York City, NY, November 2010. (Invited Lecture)
9. Lu HH, Erisken C. Incorporation and controlled release of TGF-β3 from nanofibers and regulation of chondrocytes behavior, Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting, 2010, Portland, Oregon.
8. Erisken C. Engineering of interfaces in dentistry and orthopedics, College of Dentistry, New York University, New York City, NY, April 2010. (Invited Lecture)
7. Erisken C, Zhang X, Moffat KL, Levine WN, Lu HH. Effect of scaffold fiber diameter on human tendon fibroblast response, Society for Biomaterials Proceedings, 2010, Seattle, WA.
6. Subramony S, Tracey M, Erisken C, Lu HH. Effect of scaffold elasticity on ligament fibroblast response, Society for Biomaterials Proceedings, 2010, Seattle, WA.
5. Erisken C. Tissue engineering of cartilage-to-bone interfaces, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University, New York, NY, October 2008. (Invited Lecture)
4. Erisken C. Functionally graded scaffolds for the engineering of interface tissues, Stevens Institute of Technology 2008, Hoboken, NJ. (Invited Lecture)
3. Erisken C, Kalyon D, Wang H. Nanocomposites for tissue engineering applications engineered using a novel twin screw extrusion and electrospinning process, AIChE Annual Meeting 2007, Salt Lake City, UT.
2. Erisken C. Processing of highly filled materials as heat insulators, Defense Industries Meeting, Xian, China, 2002.
1. Pekel F, Erisken C, Gocmez A, Ozkar S. Modeling and Rheology of Hydroxyl Terminated Polybutadiene Based Solid Propellants. 27 th. International Annual Conference of ICT, 49, 1-13 Karlsruhe, Federal Republic of Germany, 1996.