Thursday, February 22, 2007
Thursday, March 1, 2007
- Please review the
- You must write down with whom you worked on the assignment. If this
changes from problem to problem, then you should write down this
information separately with each problem.
- Numbered problems are all from the textbook Network Flows .
- Problem 6.28. Maximum flows and minimum cuts.
- Problem 6.46. Matrix covering.
- Problem 6.40. Converting non-integer flows to integer flows.
- Problem 6.48. Ford-Fulkerson with irrational capacities
- In class, we showed that the shortest augmenting path algorithm for
maximum flow performs O(nm) iterations. Give an example of a family of
networks for which the shortest augmenting path algorithm performs X
iterations, and try to make X as large as possible.