I'm a 5th year Ph.D. in the Department of Statistics at Columbia University. I work with Prof. Liam Paninski on machine learning and its applications to neuroscience. Previously, I was an undergraduate student at Fudan University in Shanghai, China, where I received my B.S. in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics in 2016 with honors.
I worked as a data scientist summer intern at Google in 2020, and a research summer intern at Comcast Applied AI Lab in 2019.
My email address is dz2336 at columbia dot edu.
- Michael Xie, [et al, including Ding Zhou.] High fidelity estimates of spikes and subthreshold waveforms from 1-photon voltage imaging in vivo. Cell Reports, 35 (1), 2021.
- Ding Zhou and Xue-Xin Wei. Learning identifiable and interpretable latent models of high-dimensional neural activity using pi-VAE. NeurIPS, 2020. Code
- Ding Zhou, Yuanjun Gao, and Liam Paninski. Disentangled Sticky Hierarchical Dirichlet Process Hidden Markov Model. ECML, 2020. Code
- Xue-Xin Wei*, Ding Zhou*, et al. A zero-inflated gamma model for deconvolved calcium imaging traces. Neurons, Behavior, Data analysis, and Theory, 3 (2), 2020. Code
- Yoav Adam, [et al, including Ding Zhou.] Voltage imaging and optogenetics reveal behaviour-dependent changes in hippocampal dynamics. Nature, 569 (7756), 2019. News
- Pengcheng Zhou, [et al, including Ding Zhou.] EASE: EM-Assisted Source Extraction from calcium imaging data. bioRxiv, 2020.
- Scott Rome, Tianwen Chen, Michael Kreisel, and Ding Zhou. Off-Policy Evaluation on Limited Data when Action Applicability Varies.
- E. Kelly Buchanan*, Ian Kinsella*, Ding Zhou*, et al. Penalized matrix decomposition for denoising, compression, and improved demixing of functional imaging data. arXiv:1807.06203, 2018+. Code, News
- Pengcheng Zhou, [et al, including Ding Zhou.] EASE: EM-Assisted Source Extraction from calcium imaging data. Computational and Systems Neuroscience (Cosyne) 2020.
- Michael Xie, [et al, including Ding Zhou.] Accurate extraction of membrane potential for in vivo voltage imaging. Computational and Systems Neuroscience (Cosyne) 2020.
- Ding Zhou. Probabilistic Models of Neural Responses Measured in Calcium Imaging. Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM) 2019.