- PC | 1st International Workshop on Social Personalisation (SP 2014), co-located with the 25th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media, 1-4 Sep 2014, Santiago, Chile.
- PC | 3rd Workshop on Intelligent Support for Learning in Groups (ISLG), at the 12th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems, June 5 or 6, 2014, Honolulu, Hawaii USA
- Organizer | 2nd Workshop on AI Supported Education in Computer Science (AIEDCS), co-located with 12th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems (ITS 2014), June 5 or 6, 2014, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- PC | 9th European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning, ECTEL 2014, Sept 16-19, 2014, Graz , Austria
- PC | 25th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (HT 2014), Sept 1-4, 2014, Santiago, Chile
- The 5th Brazilian WORKSHOP ON SEMANTIC WEB AND EDUCATION (WSWEd 2013)",Campinas, Brazil (November 25 - 30), in conjunction with the Brazilian Congress on Informatics in Education
- Organizer | 1st AI Supported Education in Computer Science (AIEDCS), co-located with 16th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED 2013), July 9 or 13, 2013, Memphis, TN, USA.
- PC | 2nd Intelligent Support for Learning in Groups (ISLG), co-located with 16th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED 2013), July 9 or 13, 2013, Memphis, TN, USA.
- PC | 1st Intelligent Support for Learning in Groups (ISLG), co-located with 11th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems (ITS 2012), June14-18, 2012, Chania, Greece.
- Organizer | cspred workshop, co-located with 10th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems (ITS 2010), June14-18, 2010, Pittsburgh, USA
- Third Brazilian WORKSHOP ON SEMANTIC WEB AND EDUCATION (WSWEd 2010)",João Pessoa, Brazil (November 28 - 30), in conjunction with the Brazilian Symposium of Informatics in Education
- PC | ACM 26th Symposium On Applied Computing - Track on Intelligent, Interactive and Innovative Learning environments, March 21-25, 2011, TaiChung, Taiwan
- 2014HT, 2014ITS, 2014ECTEL
- 2013TLT, JCAL,WSWEd 2013
- 2012LAK, 2012UMAP, 2012EDM, 2012ITS
- 2011ITS, 2011WI, 2011ECTEL, 2011IJEL, 2011TOEC
- 2010ITS, 2010ECTEL, 2010E-Learn, 2010CollaborateCom
- 2008E-Learn, 2008Hypertext
- PAWS research group (Personalized Adaptive Web Systems) PAWS wiki
- ACM membership
- APSCE student membership (Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education)
Informatics & Computational Technologies for Learning
CSCL, CSCW, ITS, Recommenders, User Modeling, Visualization, EDM, Learning Analytics, CS Education, Peer Reviewing
|Learning from engaging & meaningful video discussions on Vialogues
I investigate video and dialogues semantic content modeling; use machine learning technique to detect dialogues learning moments based on their activities. I design topic summary visualizations & visual recommenders.
I investigate the Learner and Community Centered Open Knowledge Discovery and Management platform; conduct learning & teaching behavioral analyses and human computer interaction design activities.
|Intelligent support for creating scientifically sound surveys on Survey Sidekick
I investigate macro- and micro survey structures in helping survey prototyping process. EdLab, Teachers College Columbia University
|Integrating multi-touch interactions for mobile personalized news recommendation
PhD student: Shuguang Han
School of Information Sciences, University of Pittsburgh
|Data Visualization Challenges & Implementation
Partnering with United Nations - Knowledge Management Service
|EuTalk: A virtual therapist & speech assistant for people with communication disabilities.
Phd students: Szu-Han (Kay) Chen, Erh-Hsuan (Reina) Wang
School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Pittsburgh
Progressor+ extends the benefits from Progressor and addresses the problems in personalized and social learning of how to help students to find the most appropriate educational resources and engage them into using these resources. (Android app is available!)
|Progressor is a system of personalized visual access to programming problems, which is based on open social user modeling technology and personalized techniques. (Android & iPhone app are available since 2012)
|AnnotEx: Community based Example Annotator|
|QuizJET: Java Evaluation Toolkit|
|CAP: Community Authoring Portal|
| Example Recommender|
| Peer Review based Collaborative Quiz Authoring Portal|
| Java Monopoly: game-based programming language learning|