Work In Progress
- "Selecting Clients: Partisan Networks and the Electoral Benefits of Targeted Distribution" (with Ernesto Calvo).
- "Social Policy & Distributive Expectations in Argentina and Chile" (with Ernesto Calvo), presented at the Conference "Political Clientelism, Social Policy, and the Quality of Democracy: Evidence from Latin America, Lessons from Other Regions", Quito, Ecuador, November 5-6, 2010 & under revision for a book chapter (revised for publication as a book chapter).
- "When Parties Meet Voters: Partisan Networks and Distributive Expectations in Argentina and Chile" (with Ernesto Calvo).
- "What changes policy opinion? Understanding framing effects in a volatile public opinion context" (with Pablo Pinto and Martin Ardanaz), presented at the Midwest Political Science Association Meeting in March 31-April 3, 2011.
- "Institutional Change in a Weak Institutional Environment" (with Steven Levitksy), presented at the Workshop of the Working Group for Institutional Change, MIT, Cambridge, February 4-5, 2011.
- "The Post-Crisis Regulatory State: a sub national comparison of contract renegotiation in privatized public utilities" (with Alison Post), paper to be presented at the Conference on "Understanding the Rise of the Regulatory State in the Global South", Center for Policy Research, New Delhi, India, January 14-15, 2011.
- "Agency under Constraint: Ideological Legacies in the Privatization of Latin American Electricity Sectors" (with Cecilia Martinez-Gallardo).
- "The Political Economy of Productivity: Actors, Arenas and Policies A Framework of Analysis" (with Carlos Scartascini and Mariano Tommasi), Working Paper #640, Research Department, Inter-American Development Bank, Washington, DC, June 2008.