La von Duddleson Krumb Professor
• Title of Padma Shri by the Indian government, 2010.
• Member of the Advisory Body of MET’s Engineering College, Mala, India, December 2010.
• Inducted as a Fellow of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) at the AIChE Annual Meeting, Nashville TN; November 8-13, 2009.
• ACS Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry: In recognition of outstanding service as Chair of the 83rd Colloid and Surface Sience Symposium, New York, June 14-19, 2009.
• Foreign Member of Balkan Academy of Science on Mineral Technologies, Turkey - 2008
• Engineer of the Year Award, by the Malayalee Engineers Association in North America, Holiday Inn, Rolling Meadows, IL, November 3, 2007.
• Columbia Alumni Association and Asian Columbia Alumni Association Distinguished Alumni Award for outstanding achievements and commitment to Excellence, 2007.
• AIME Mineral Industry Education Award, 2006.
• IMPC Steering Committee, sole US representative, Cape Town, South Africa.
• Keynote lecture at the Centenary of Flotation Symposium, Brisbane, Australia, June 6-9, 2005
• Invited speaker at the Beijing General Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Beijing, China, May 17, 2005.
• Keynote speaker at the Cosmetic and Toiletries Magazine’s 2005 Advanced Technology Conference, Berlin, Germany, April 9-13, 2005
• Lead-off speaker at the 3rd Pravasi Bharatiya Divas Conference, Mumbai, India, January 7-9, 2005.
• Plenary lecture at the 10th International Mineral Processing Symposium, Cesme, Turkey, October 7, 2004.
• Opening keynote lecture: 11th National Conference on Surfactants, emulsions and biocolloids, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, India, December 11-13, 2003
• Distinguished speaker in Metal Science and Engineering, PennStateUniversity, University park, PAApril 22, 2003
• Appointed Honorary professor at Wuhan Institute of Chemical Technology, July 2001
• Keynote speaker and honorary Chair of the International Nanomaterials & Nanotechnology Conference in Beijing, China. Also met Chinese President Jiang Zemin, July 2001
• Elected as foreign member to the RussianAcademy of Natural Sciences, 2000
• Elected fellow of Indian National Academy of Engineering, 1999
• Foreign Member of Chinese Academy of Engineering, 1998
• Chairman, Engineering Foundation Board, 1993 - Present
• Frank F. Aplan Award, Engineering Foundation, 1992.
• Honorary Research Advisor, Beijing General Research Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Beijing, China, 1991.
• The State of New Jersey Senate Leadership Citation, 1991.
• Plenary Lecture, 119th Annual AIME/SME Meeting, Utah, 1990.
• Ellis Island Medal of Honor for Distinguished Americans, 1990
• First Brahm Prakash Chair, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 1990.
• Distinguished Alumnus Award, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 1989.
• Honorary Professor, Central University of Technology, Changsha, China, 1988-1993
• Plenary Lecture, XVIth International Mineral Processing Congress, Stockholm, Sweden, 1988.
• Henry Krumb Lecturer Award, AIME, 1988
• Honor Award, Association of Indians in America, 1988.
• Robert Richards Award, Soc. of Min., Met. & Mnrl. Eng., 1987
• A.E. Taggart Award, Soc. of Min., Met. & Mnrl. Eng., 1987.
• Award of Excellence, V.H.P. of America, Inc., July, 1987
• Award for Achievements in Applied Science, 2nd World Malayalam Conference, Washington, D.C., August, 1985
• National Academy of Engineering Member, 1985
• Keynote lecture, Colloque-bilan "Interactions Solide-Liquide", Nancy, France, 1984.
• Plenary lecture (presented in absentia) International Conf. on Recent Advances in Mineral Science and Technology, Johannesburg, 1984.
• Plenary lecture, Pacific Region Meeting of Fine Particle Society, 1983.
• Distinguished Member, Soc. of Min., Met. & Mnrl. Engrg., 1983
• Mill Man of Distinction Award, Soc. of Min., Met. & Mnrl. Eng., 1983
• Antoine M. Gaudin Award, Soc. of Min., Met. & Mnrl. Eng.,1982
• Foreign Guest Lecturer at the Rehbinder Symposium, USSRAcademy of Sciences, Moscow, 1981
• Keynote lecturer at the Intern. Conf. on Complex Sulfides, Rome, 1980
• Publications Board Award, Soc. of Min., Met. & Mnrl. Eng., 1980
• Most Distinguished Achievement in Engineering (AINA), 1980
• Keynote lecturer, Int. Symp. on Resources Engineering, Bombay, 1979
• Plenary lecturer at the XIII Intern. Mineral Proc. Cong. Warsaw, 1979
• Soc. of Min., Met. & Mnrl. Eng., Best Presentation Award for the paper, "Stabilization, Flocculation and Selective Flocculation of Mineral Suspensions Using Polymers" by G.C. Sresty, P. Somasundaran, and C.C. Gryte, 1978
• Opening lecturer, Symp. on Colloid and Surface Chemistry of Mineral Flotation, Melbourne, 1977
• University of Melbourne Fellowship Award at the School of Chemistry, University of Melbourne, 1977
• Keynote lecturer at the Conference on Non-Renewable Resources, Bangalore, 1977
• Prime Minister Nehru Scholarship for higher studies abroad, 1961
• Tata Educational Award for higher studies, 1961
• Merit Scholarship from Indian Institute of Science on the basis of rank in a nationally selected class of 24, 1960