- Sign-up sheet for office hours.
- Daily Weather Data for Contiguous United States (1900-2017).
The raw data files give daily minimum and maximum temperature as well as total precipitation on a 2.5x2.5 mile grid for the contiguous United States from 1900-2017.
It is based on the PRISM weather data set. We use a weighted average of the 10 surrounding weather stations.
We keep the weights and stations constant over time. We select weather stations based on how often they report in 1950-2011, hence this procedure works best for that time period. If a station does not report on a given day, we cross-interpolate the missing value (see Data Description below). The advantage for panel studies is that weather does not change because we average over different stations.
If you use the data in your study and want to reference it, please send us a link to your publication so we can add it to the list below. This material is based upon work supported by the Department of Energy Grant No. DE-FG02-08ER64640.
- The data is housed on dropbox in various subfolders
- Meta-file 1: linkGridnumberFIPS Linking each grid cell (gridNumber) to the county in which the centroid is located.
- Meta-file 2: cropArea Linking each grid cell (grid number) to the cropland area in the cell (provided by Shawn Buchholz).
- Data by Year: Compressed data by year (around 2GB by year)
- STATA code: Derive arbitrary degree days bounds over agricultural area (right-click to save).