Quick Beginnings for DB2 Extended Enterprise Edition for UNIX
To ensure that all databases on your system can be migrated to DB2 Version
5, perform the following steps:
- Complete all database transactions.
- Ensure all applications disconnect from each database.
- Ensure all databases are cataloged.
- Make a backup copy of all databases. Refer to the Administration Guide for your DB2 product for information on making a backup copy of a
database and to the Command Reference for the syntax of the backup command.
|Note:||Make sure that this is the most recent backup copy of the database before you
start the next procedure.
- Stop the database manager by issuing the db2stop
- If you are migrating from DB2 Parallel Edition Version 1.x, make a
backup copy of the INSTHOME/sqllib/db2nodes.cfg file and
store it in a different directory.
[ Top of Page | Previous Page | Next Page | Table of Contents | Index ]
[ DB2 List of Books |
Search the DB2 Books ]