Photo #1

( Next ) ( Index )   (Click to enlarge)

Jim Lemke, Jack Palmer, and Dan Robbins in the sub-basement of 612 West 116th Street, the original IBM Thomas J. Watson Scientific Computing Laboratory, 1945-1970, where Jim worked from 1948 to 1950, Jack from 1949 to 1957, and Dan from 1949 to 1953. The sub-basement housed the machine shop, supply room, a large walk-in vault, and the boiler room.
Photo:  Frank da Cruz, 21 April 2009